Queuing fertilize plant cancels fertilizing a previous plant?

by Covahenasni

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Fertilize several plants with the same item doesn't work

★★★ Novice

I have this problem too but my sims resets. I can also continue fertilizing but I have to wait for my sim to finish the first fertilizing then queue up the next fertilizing interaction. I have even used other types of harvestable to fertilize and stack the interaction but only the first one will be done and the sim will reset. 

Message 51 of 72 (952 Views)

★★★ Novice

This problem also exists with opening time capsules and the like. Anything that's stack related seems to queue up the first item in the stack only. Therefore, if you want to fertelise two plants with the same item it will first fertilise the first plant, then for the second plant the object is technically 'missing' and all subsequent inputs will be cancelled.

Message 52 of 72 (946 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@rosemagwin This used to be different for fertilizing though which is why it's currently treated as a bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 53 of 72 (936 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:

@rosemagwinThis used to be different for fertilizing though which is why it's currently treated as a bug.

It *is* a bug , IMO then those who say it's not are wrong !

Message 54 of 72 (893 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is a bug, and it has gotten worse with one of the updates since 2019 (not sure which, but it's one of them).

I re-installed TS4 around April or so in 2019 and went for several months without updating (played disconnected from Origin due to reasons). I updated my game this week (February 2020). 

Before I updated, I could use the same stack of items to fertilize plants. Occasionally, the game would seem to use the same item to fertilize several plants (often in planters), but the option greyed out as if successful. Whether the plant would go to the next level wasn't always a given, though. 

After my game was updated, I can no longer use the same stack of items to stack up the fertilizing actions. The sims will still go through the motions of fertilizing, but apart from the first plant the option isn't greyed out and the item doesn't disappear from their inventory. I either have to keep several items in their inventory to pick from, or fertilize one or two plants, wait, fertilize one or two more, and wait, etc. This is really annoying, especially since it worked better before whichever update mssed it up. 

I'm wondering when a "fertilize all plants with X item from inventory" option is going to be added, or a similar option for planters, because that would make things a whole lot simpler. I'm really tired of fertilizing 20-something plants one by one when my sims (and I) have better things to do, especially with this bug complicating things. Everything else has been made easier (like "tend garden" or "water all") so why isn't "fertilize all" an option? 

Message 55 of 72 (822 Views)

★★★ Guide

I agree this is a bug now.

And my 2 cents, fwiw:

• I also agree, in principle, with @simmerish22  that the fertilizing action could really benefit from a simplified interface but I don’t think a ‘fertilize all’ option is the best route since there are many different item types and qualities that one might want to use. After all, maybe I want to keep that last foul 🐡 on hand so I can treat the next 🧛🏻‍♀️ crashing my pad post-midnight to an alternative late night snack that doesn’t have my Sim on the menu!! (ha! I can’t believe I only just thought of that!)
  • Instead why not introduce a drag-and-drop option along the lines of how washing dishes and disposing of trash has been simplified with sinks and trash cans? As a bonus, recoding this interaction might help resolve the bug (and potentially also the now-defunct poop 💩as-fertilizer interaction reported in a separate thread..).
Message 56 of 72 (781 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I probably wasn't clear about it, since I meant an extra option of "fertilize all with item X", but still being able to fertilize plants one by one if you so wish. I often use the same item for the entire garden, and my sims tend to have large gardens, and it gets tedious to click on every single plant. 

I'd also like there to be a "water this plant" along with the auto function of "water all" because the game doesn't always seem to register all the watered/weeded plants for the gardening aspiration (for instance "water/weed 10 plants"). 

Message 57 of 72 (751 Views)

Queuing fertilize plant cancels fertilizing a previous plant?

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Queue up max allowable actions of fertilize plant. Wait for plants to be fertilized in queue. Check state of plant fertilization after.
What happens when the bug occurs? Some plants are randomly skipped and not fertilized, making the player have to go back and refertilize slowly, queuing one plant, wait for action, then another.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to queue up multiple actions and have them performed successfully, as long as the Sims mood permits it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Fertilize plant cancels fertilizing a previous plant? I can't queue fertilize plant cause the Sim goes through the motions, but doesn't actually fertilize the plant. Frown
Can we have fertilize all yet?

Message 58 of 72 (737 Views)

Re: Queuing fertilize plant cancels fertilizing a previous plant?

Hero

@Covahenasni  If you fertilize by using the same thing in a row, it usually works that way now.  It has been identified in another post I believe. 

Try changing what you are using to fertilize with for each plant.  For instance, I use fish.  If you go bass, pufferfish, trout, etc. rather than bass, bass, bass, etc.  It seems to work a lot better and you don't get what you are seeing most of the time.  Also, if you are queueing the action, don't queue from the stack, queue them individually.  That seems to work for me.

Message 59 of 72 (712 Views)

Re: Queuing fertilize plant cancels fertilizing a previous plant?

Hero
@Covahenasni I merged this for now but to be sure, are the ones that aren't working from the same stack of plants ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 60 of 72 (688 Views)