Welcome to the Sims Section of AHQ

by crinrict

Original Post

Welcome to the Sims Section of AHQ

[ Edited ]
Hero

Welcome all Simmers to AHQ,

Whether you're looking for help with any of your Sims games or wanting to chat with your fellow Simmers, you found the right place.

thesims.png

The Sims has several boards and is supported in several languages which are explained in more details below.

Index

The AHQ Main Page

What is each Board for?

The Language Boards

How to search for threads and answers

How to open a thread

How to reply and quote a specific post

How to keep up with your threads

How to find your threads

How to edit your posts

How to add pictures to your post

How to get your own signature/avatar

XP and solutions, what are they and how do they work?

Ranking System?

Forum rules

More Information

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 4 (43,539 Views)

What is each Board for?

[ Edited ]
Hero

The AHQ Main Page

When you enter the main AHQ Address, you land on this page. There are several ways to navigate to your board or post a question. It's good practice to Search first but as the overview page will give you results from ALL EA games, this mostly isn't that helpful. So either use the All Boards or search all boards (type for example Sims 4 and then pick your product) to reach the Board Overview described below.

AHQMain.jpg

What is each Board for?

There are several sections in The Sims section on AHQ. You can access them here or from the top menu (All boards > The Sims)

MainMenu.jpg

Each Board has their own purpose as explained below.

The Sims Mobile

Everything about The Sims Mobile goes in here. Read this thread for a detailed tutorial on it.

The Sims 4

The Sims 4 board contains of 6 Main Sections

In-Game Help

Do you have a problem with the game you need help with and you don't use mods/cc at all ? This is the section for you. 

This section is for platform independent questions. 

The forum contains 3 sub-forums

Game Issues: For problems and issues with the game. Troubleshooting help

Game Questions. For questions on how stuff works in the game

The Gallery: Any problems with the gallery

Mods & Custom Content

Discussion for Mods/CC. Dividend in Subforums for Mods & CC Discussion and Mods & CC Issues

Technical Issues

If your game doesn't run properly, it crashes, you can't log in or you have a similar issue, the technical board is the correct stop for you. Please post in the forum of the platform you're playing on for optimal help.

Technical issues - PC

This board is specifically if you're playing on Windows.

Your first stops when things don't work as they should are [READ FIRST] Troubleshooting your Game and [READ FIRST] Important Threads and Known Issues

This board is for troubleshooting your issues. Fellow players will jump in and try to help you get back into the game.

Technical Issues – Consoles

This board is specifically if you're playing on Console (XBox or Playstation).

If you find a bug for console, please report these in the bug forum instead of in the Consoles forum. If there's already a post for PC/Mac, you can use that one. If you have a general gameplay questions, use the Game and Mod/CC Issues.

Technical Issues – Mac

This board is specifically if you're playing on Mac

If you find a bug for Mac, please report these in the bug forum instead of in the Mac forum. If you have a general gameplay questions, use the Game and Mod/CC Issues.

Creative Corner

Show of your creativity. Divided in Subforums for Story Telling, Arts/Videos, Lots and Sims

General Discussion

This section is for chatting. Want to talk about your game with other Simmers ? This is the section for you. 

Divided in Subforums for Feedback & Ideas, General Chat and Pack ideas.

Bug Reports

If something doesn't work properly in The Sims 4 and you think it's a game bug, report it here. You find all information on how the bug forum works here: [INFORMATION] How does this forum work  This board is heavily moderated and your issue might get merged with an existing bug report or maybe moved to other boards depending on the info you provide.

Please consult the compiled lists here: [READ FIRST] Compiled list of reported Gameplay Issues  to see if your issue already has a thread.

The most important tool in the bug forum is the Me Too button. It shows how widespread an issue is. So if you have an already reported bug but don't have anything more to say about, click the button. Also click if if you do decide to add a comment as well.

me too.png 

Other The Sims Games

Everything that doesn't fit in any of the other The Sims game sections goes in here. This includes: The Sims 1 & 2, Sims Medieval, MySims or Sims Stories. There's only one section so everything/all platforms concerning these games goes in here.

The Sims 3

The Sims 3 forum contains 5 sections

General Discussion

This section is for chatting. Want to talk about your game with other Simmers ? This is the section for you.

Technical Issues – PC

Everything about the The Sims 3 goes in this forum. This forum is for the console version and the PC version.

Store Issues

Having issues with the Store ? Post here

Technical Issues - Mac

Specific Sims 3 Mac issues go here.

Creative Corner

Show of your creativity. Stories, Legacies, Sims and builds. This is the section for you

The Sims Freeplay

Want to talk or have a question about the The Sims Freeplay? Then this is your section.

The Language Boards

AHQ supports several languages and each has a Sims board. To access other languages, simply pick the language you want from the language picker or use these direct links to go there

LanguagePicker.png 

The Menu bar will then change and only show the boards available in that language (boards vary from language to language). If there isn't a dedicated forum for The Sims game you play, just choose an appropriate one.

German MainMenu.png

Be aware of a few quirks with the languages:

• When checking all your posts, you will only see the ones you posted in the language you have chosen.
  • Always fill out the bug templates in the language of the actual forum. You can access threads and forums in other languages even if you have the language set to something else but you won't be able to fully fill out the template cause some of the boxes might be empty.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (43,347 Views)

How to post at AHQ

[ Edited ]
Hero

How to search for threads and answers

Before opening a new thread, it's better to check if other players are already talking about your topic in the forum. To do so, you can use the search bar:

forums2.PNG

Take a look at the search results. If any of the posts you see is about the same topic you want to discuss, go ahead and answer that thread!

If you can't find anything similar, it's time to open a new thread.

How to open a thread

You can open a new thread using the New Topic button in any board. Be aware that it can sometimes take a moment for the button to show up.

forums3.png

Please, avoid opening the same thread in different boards - this is considered spam and it's against the forum rules. If you are not sure which is the right board for your topic, just open it in one place and it will be moved if needed.

Be aware that the submit button sometimes likes to play hide and seek. If it doesn't show up although you posted something, try adding some spaces to your post or change to HTML view if you have that available. This most often happens if you copy/paste something to the post instead of writing. 

How to reply and quote a specific post

Especially in longer threads you might want to reply to a certain post and quote what the user has said in that post to make it clearer what you are referring to.

To do so, click on reply on the post you want to quote (if you use quick reply, you won't be able to quote)

ReplyToPost.png

You will then be taken to a window where you can see the quote link in the upper right corner. Pressing it, will add the complete content of the post you're replaying to to your post. You can then edit the quote to make sure it contains the vital info you need. If there's pictures, it's best to remove those from the quote.

Quote.png

How to keep up with your threads

Once you created a new thread, it's very important that you keep up with it. To help you with that, you can subscribe to your thread. You can do so right with opening the thread or replying to a thread by checking the 'Subscribe to replies' box at the bottom 

Subscribe.png

or if you forget to set it, or want to be kept up-to-date on a thread you haven't posed in, you can subscribe through the Topic Options of the post. You can also bookmark a thread for later easy finding through your profile. You won't get an e-mail for new posts in those though.

Subscribe2.png

You can choose to automatically subscribe to your threads and manage your bookmarks and subscriptions from your profile (click on your username in the upper right corner and choose settings).

subscribepref.png Subscribtions.png

How to find your threads

You can find a list of the threads you have created, or answered, in your profile. Just click on your username in the right top corner of the page and select 'Profile':

forums4.png

Under ‘Recent activity’ you will see your last posts, and if you click on ‘View all’ you will get to a page with a list of all your posts posted in the language you have chosen.

How to edit your posts

If you have something to add to your post and no one has answered your post yet, it's best practice to edit your post instead of double posting (you can create a new post if it's been more than 24 hours and you didn't receive an answer).

To edit your post, click on the three dots of the post and choose Edit Reply. This will allow you to edit. You are also able to delete your own post but only if no one has answered to it.

Edit.png

How to add pictures to your post

To add pictures it's best to upload them to AHQ directly so they aren't remove by some third party site

To do so, either use Attach file at the bottom or the little picture icon in the bar and then upload and insert to your post.

Photo.jpg

How to get your own signature/avatar

Custom Avatars and Signatures are currently reserved for members of the Community Connections program (Heroes, Champions, Guardians) and EA Staff.

You are assigned a random avatar but you can change it to another one from the preset by going to your profile, choose EDIT PROFILE and then click on avatars

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (43,347 Views)

Re: How to post at AHQ

[ Edited ]
Hero

XP and solutions, what are they and how do they work?

When you see a helpful post, you can use the ‘XP’ button to give experience points to the user who wrote it. It's an easy way of saying 'thank you' to the author and help them level up in the community. Wink

You can do this with any post you didn't write.

On the other hand, when you open a thread asking for help with an issue or asking a question to the community, and you get an answer with a solution, you can press the 'Accept as solution’ button to let the community know that:

• Your issue or question is solved.
  • The post you have marked as solution contains the answer that helped you, which can be useful for other players who have your same issue in the future.

Ranking System

AHQ has a ranking system that is based on amount of XP and solutions. You can see your rank in two places. Either under your user name on the posts you made or in the upper right corner, next to you XP. 

Rank.png

More information about the rank system can be found here: Ranks and Leveling Up

Forum rules

Every community has its rules. You can find the AHQ user rules and guidelines here . Please, check them before participating in the community.

Thank you!

More information

You can find more Information about AHQ on this Page AHQ FAQ Page or the AHQ Forum.

If you plan to help out as well, you are welcome to visit the Academy for tips and tricks. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (43,336 Views)