How to share your save game

by crinrict

Original Post

[INFORMATION] How does this forum work ?

[ Edited ]
Hero

Introduction

This forum is for bug reports on the Sims 4. It's main purpose is to report bugs which the devs need to fix, not to troubleshoot your game.

Bugs by nature don't really have a solution or an answer but often folks come up with workarounds or a modder fixes the issue. Workarounds are usually marked as solution and the thread tagged as Workaround. That does not mean the devs won't fix the bug. It's just marked as solution to increase visibility of the workaround. For mod solutions please refer to this thread: [INFORMATION] Common Game Fixing Mods - Hero Approved

If you need help in other form, please use the forums below.

• For technical issues (including crashing), please post in the tech forum of your platform: Technical Issues – PC, Technical Issues – Mac, Technical Issues – Consoles

• For any gameplay issue you're not sure if they are bugs or that you need troubleshooting with, please use this forum: Game Issues
  • Feedback for stuff you want changed goes here: Game Feedback & Ideas

• If you want to talk with your fellow Simmers or ask questions about the gameplay, you can use Game Questions
  • For any issues with the gallery, this is the best place: The Gallery (unless it's a bug, then it goes here)
  • There's also help available in several languages like German, Spanish, French and more. Just pick the appropriate language from the language picker on top of the page.

Please do not report just anything as a bug. It simply might be a misunderstanding. Bugs are only things that are NOT working as intended. Some stuff is random and some stuff is simply working a bit different than you might think. Read instructions carefully. If unsure, discuss with fellow simmers at your favorite forum and if you all come to the conclusion that it's a bug, report it here. Gives the devs and me less work and the ability to concentrate on the real bugs. Also always test without mods/cc installed

Also if you feel, I misunderstood you or you have wrongfully been moved or merged, please do step up but don't be rude about it. Just say that you think I misunderstood you and explain why. English is not my mother tongue (I'm Swiss German) and I do sometimes have issues understanding. Some times are more stressful then others, so please bear with me if you think my answers are too short or not very friendly. They are not meant to be rude in any way, they're just sometimes kept to the bare necessitates to save time and not drown in threads.

Keep in mind that I'm in a different time zone than most of you guys. Be patient.

If you want to discuss the laundry list or practices about bug fixes, please don't do this in the bug threads as it derails them. Use this dedicated thread instead: Laundry lists discussion; bug fixes and prioritization

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (79,420 Views)

[INFORMATION] How does this forum work ?

[ Edited ]
Hero

Index

Introduction

How to Post

The Flow of the Bug Forum

Labeling of Posts

The Bug Template/ Info to Provide

Important Tips & Links 

How to Share your Savegame

How to find your Game Version

How to Post

Before posting in the bug forum, please try the following things first

• Check the compiled list: [READ FIRST] Compiled list of BugsIf the issue you're about to report already has a thread, please use that one. Make sure to click me too on the first post and if you have new information, also post. Also post if the thread didn't have an answer in > 3 month.
  • Search the forum. There's a lot of open issues reported that aren't on the compiled list. A quick search and checking the first page will avoid multiple threads on the same issue.
  • It's important that you remove all custom content and mods before reporting something. A lot of stuff is broken the bug forum isn't the place to get support for mod issues. This is so EA can't dismiss a bug as mod/cc related.
  • It's always helpful for narrowing down the bug, if you could also test it on a new save as well as other Sims and households/houses. This isn't always possible though.
  • In the bug forum, bumping a thread is only considered necro posting if the thread is either has been tagged as FIXED or if it's from before 2017 (when the template was introduced)

Good Practice on your bug report

• Use an accurate title and add Pack tags if you know which pack is involved (List for tags below). Titles are limited in length so don't make them too long. It's not necessary to include Patch numbers unless the same bug occurred before.
  • Fill out the template completely and provide all information asked. Information on how to find version number and common known issues with the bug template can be found below.
  • Depending on your issues, please also provide, Specs, pictures, LastException/LastCrash files, houses/Sims or when asked Saves. Details on how to find and provide those can be found below.
  • If you post a picture it's very helpful if you encircle the actual issue.
  • Create one thread per issue. This may sound tedious especially for little things but it allows EA to track issues better. There are exceptions to this when something is very similar or unclear if the same or not. Sometimes one issue also has multiple threads as the symptoms can differ. Sometimes it's hard to distinguish if something is a different issue or the same so your thread might get accidentally merged or you will be asked to make a separate thread even if it's not necessary.

Processing of threads

There are two aspects when it comes to processing stuff in the bug forum. 

• EA Bug Team: Bugs reported will be collected by EA and handled internally. They rarely post any acknowledgments and wont' give out ETA's on when stuff will be fixed. The bug team will ask for info when needed.
  • Me (and other helpers): I mostly provide a compiled list of reported bugs and try to keep the bug forum free of duplicates (as much as possible). I will also troubleshoot where I see necessary. I do not work for EA or have any other association but I try my best to keep the bug forum organized. How I handle the forum changes from time to time so please check this thread for current info on that: [PLEASE READ] Information/Questions about the bug forum.

Both of these aspects help to ensure that your bug report will be seen even if you do not get an answer. As said before, if you need troubleshooting help, it's better to use the tech forums of your platform. The bug forum is mainly for reporting.

Status of a Bug

EA doesn't give out ETAs or information on status of bugs nor do they acknowledge every issue you see reported. This does not mean that they aren't legit bugs or that they won't get fixed somewhere down the line. 

The tag on a thread can give you an indication on what the status is and if it's worth bumping a thread or not. If an issue didn't have an answer in > 3 month and you're still affected, it's always good to bump it.

Threads that are marked as By Design, Fixed, Archived or Mod/CC issue are closed issues. Make new threads (Fixed, Archived) or bump them (Mods/CC, By Design) if you still have issues or don't agree. Archived threads often already have a new thread so check the last post of the thread for links.

Threads that are marked as solved (check mark) are still open issues unless they have one of the tag mentioned above. The solved mark is used to increase the visibility of a post within the thread. That post will show as second post in the thread so you don't have to read the whole thread for more information. Threads marked this way are mostly threads that either have a Workaround you can use until EA fixes the issue or to highlight a post of a Guru/CM that contains information. These threads are NOT considered fixed. They are open bugs.

About Me

Spoiler
Since there seems to be a lot of misunderstanding of what I do and what I'm capable to do, I want to stress again, that I DO NOT WORK FOR EA. I do have the ability to forward stuff to the AHQ Staff/QA.. I compile lists for everyone here to see what's already reported. It's not in my hands what Maxis chooses to handle what way. I do not have any information when what is going to be fixed. I'm basically merely a collector/messenger should I get some info I can pass on (which is really rare). Do not think it's for naught if you report here. It's not. This forum is being monitored by Maxis and we now even have a few QA guys chipping in. There's a lot of stuff I don't know and I depend on each and everyone of you to help me out and clarify things. There's a lot of sites with info and I can't read them all.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 9 (97,200 Views)

The Flow of the Bug Forum

[ Edited ]
Hero

The bug forum has a certain way it works. New threads are processed every day except when I'm taking a break which is communicated in this thread: [PLEASE READ] Information/Questions about the bug forum.

Below I will try to explain a bit, how the flow currently works.

It does all sound a bit complicated but it's just the way I work. This is purely informational. Adjustments may be made any time depending on issue.

New thread is created

Issue will be read and handled in the following manner:

Buy/Build/texture/lighting issues

I'm no longer handling those. I'm not a builder, I don't know how to help. There are also so many similar issues that aren't quite the same, so I keep merging/adding to the list to a minium.

If something is common enough for even me to understand, I will start merging and add it to the list.

Console

Any bugs that occur on all platforms will be merged with the PC/Mac threads.

Issues that are console only will either be handled by another hero or forwarded to a CM. I personally can't help with them.

Issues I'm no longer processing at all

These issues are mostly about symptoms about an underlying issue and are very hard to merge or handle. They are basically a standalone bug report each, hence I'm just leaving them. Exceptions always apply if a issue is very common and can be pinpointed to be the same

• All kinds of Lags (Simulation Lag, Sims stand around doing nothing, Low FPS, Lagging gameplay, ..)
  • Family Tree
  • Other generic reports of several issues that basically describe a symptom but can have multiple underlying issues (for example Sims don't die). These pop up all the time and have since the game came out.
  • Threads reporting more than one bug. 

Existing Issue

• Post will be merged with the current thread. Depending where you posted and how popular an issue is, I will tag you to say so. Please make sure to click that me too button on the first page cause that is not covered by merging. If you don't agree with the merge, please post in the thread and make sure to tag me or send me a PM (don't be rude about it) and explain why you think your post was wrongly merged.

New issue

• If troubleshooting is needed, it might be moved to the game issues forum to do so. Thread might later be moved back if it turns out to be a bug. 
  • If it sounds like a tech issue, it will be moved to the tech forum of your platform to better assist you.
  • If you state you're using mods and haven't tried without, your thread will be moved to mods/cc issues for further troubleshooting. Please always test on vanilla.
  • If it's a known mod issue, it will be moved to Mods/CC issues
  • If further clarification is needed, I will ask questions
  • If it seems straightforward enough, I will leave it unanswered and start tagging once it reaches a certain weight. More info on that can be found here: [PLEASE READ] Information/Questions about the bug forum
  • If the issue peaks my interested I will try myself or ask for saves. Conversation will go from there.
  • If it's a rant and just a collection of things, thread will get ignored by me (doesn't mean QA/CM don't see it). 

Existing thread is bumped

Handling will depend on the tag as follow: 

Open/Workaround

Those are issues that have been handled and added to the compiled list. I will not read or comment on those (exceptions apply) but any new information or voice you want to add is a good thing. It shows EA/Maxis how popular they are and what your concerns are. You can tag me if you think I need to read your post, you have found a workaround or if you find the issue fixed.

I will be dropping the Needs Input tag as it only causes confusion and angers reporters. I won't change threads that already have a Needs input but there won't be any new ones.

Needs Info/Needs Saves

Maxis QV has asked for saves or more info in these threads. Best message or tag TheSimsDirect to get your saves to Maxis

Unsure

I'm not sure this is a bug.

Fixed

If a bug gets fixed in the patch notes, the thread will be locked accordingly. If you still have the issue, please create a new thread. Exceptions apply to part fixes or if totally unsure the notes are actually referring to that bug. 

Mods/CC related/By Design

Will mostly not read. Those are related to mods or by design. Please refer to the solution post. If you feel something is not right, make sure to tag me or create a new thread.

No Tag

There are several reasons why a thread has no tag. Untagged threads are usually not added to the compiled list.

• One of the types listed above that I won't handle
  • Not enough weight/ people interested
  • Still in troubleshooting/testing status

The Compiled List

On an irregular basis I will add stuff that I have tagged to my list. I will also check the list on a regular basis for threads that can be removed due to low traffic or change tags if needed.

Patch Day

Patch Day is always the most exciting day for the bug forum. I will mark everything as fixed that is on the patch list and remove from the list after a few days of feedback.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (97,066 Views)

Labeling of Posts

[ Edited ]
Hero

This post explains what each tag used means in detail.

If you have a report for the a stuff pack/game pack or expansion pack please put a abbreviation (see list below) in front in your title. I'll be editing thread titles if that info is missing.

Please be aware that my tag have nothing to do with the status a bug has with QA. It's always good to keep up with your bugs and check if it's still there after patches and let me know if something is fixed or not, especially if it wasn't in the patch notes.

Some threads are not tagged at all anymore. This doesn't mean they're not being handled. See above for more details.

Expansion Packs

• [GTW]: Get To Work

• [GT]: Get Together

• [CL] City Living
  • [CD] Cats & Dogs
  • [S] Seasons
  • [GF] Get Famous
  • [IL] Island Living
  • [DU] Discover University
  • [ECO] Eco Lifestyle
  • [SE] Snowy Escape
  • [CoL] Cottage Living
  • [HSY] High-School Years
  • [GRO] Growing Together
  • [HR] Horse Ranch
  • [FR] For Rent

Game Packs

• [OR]: Outdoor Retreat

• [SD]: Spa Day

• [DO] Dine Out
  • [V] Vampires
  • [PH] Parenthood
  • [JA] Jungle Adventure
  • [SV] StrangerVille
  • [ROM] Realm of Magic
  • [JTB] Star Wars: Journey to Batuu 
  • [DHD] Dream Home Decorator
  • [MWS] My Wedding Story
  • [W] Werewolves

Stuff Packs

• [LSP]: Luxury Stuff Pack

• [PPSP]: Perfect Patio Stuff Pack

• [SSP]: Spooky Stuff Pack

• [CKSP] Cool Kitchen Stuff Pack
  • [MHSP] Movie Hangout Stuff Pack
  • [RGSP] Romantic Garden Stuff Pack
  • [KSPS] Kid's Room Stuff Pack
  • [BYSP] Back Yard Stuff Pack
  • [VGSP] Vintage Glamour Stuff
  • [BNSP] Bowling Night Stuff Pack
  • [FSP] Fitness Stuff Pack
  • [TSP] Toddler Stuff Pack
  • [LDSP] Laundry Day Stuff Pack
  • [MFPSP] My First Pet Stuff Pack
  • [MSP] Moshino Stuff Pack
  • [TLSP] Tiny Living Stuff Pack
  • [NKSP] Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack
  • [PSP] Paranormal Stuff Pack
  • [HSHSP] Home Chef Hustle Stuff Pack
  • [CCSP] Crystal Creations Stuff Pack

Kits

• [TFK ] Throwback Fit Kit
  • [CKK] Country Kitchen Kit
  • [BDK] Bust The Dust Kit
  • [COK] Courtyard Oasis Kit
  • [FSK] Fashion Street Kit
  • [ILK] Industrial Loft Kit
  • [IAK] Incheon Arrivals Kit
  • [BRK] Blooming Rooms Kit
  • [MMK] Modern Menswear Kit
  • [CSK] Carneval Streetwear KIT
  • [DTMK] Décor to the Max Kit
  • [MCK] Moonlight Chic Kit
  • [LCK] Little Campers Kit
  • [FFK] First Fits Kit
  • [DLK] Desert Luxe Kit
  • [PPK] Pastel Pop Kit
  • [ECK] Everyday Clutter Kit
  • [SCK] Simtimates Collection Kit
  • [BCK] Bathroom Clutter Kit
  • [GHK] Greenhouse Haven Kit
  • [BTK] Basement Treasure Kit
  • [GRK] Grunge Revival Kit
  • [BNK] Book Nook Kit
  • [PSK] Poolside Splash Kit
  • [MLK] Modern Luxe Kit
  • [CEK] Castle Estate Kit
  • [GGK] Goth Galore Kit

Free Pack

• [HP] Holiday Pack

Console

• [XB1] XBox 1
  • [XBX] XB Series X
  • [XB] All XB Consoles
  • [PS4] PS4
  • [PS5] PS5
  • [PS] All PS Consoles
  • [PS/XB] All Console versions

Other Tags

• [STEAM] Bugs that only occur on the Steam Version of the game
  • [EPIC] Bugs that only occur on the EPIC Store Version of the game
  • [GALLERY] Everything related to the gallery/library

Please only add the Pack ones yourself as I'll be adding the others. This helps me keep track of what I've checked and the status.

• [INFORMATION], [READ FIRST], [PLEASE READ]: These are important threads you should make sure to read before you post
  • [NO TAG]: Issues that either have a low me too count/small number of posters or are still in troubleshooting status.
  • [OPEN] : These are bugs that are confirmed to be still in the game.
  • [LAUNDRY LIST], [LL] This bug is on the Laundry List published by EA
  • [COLLECTION THREAD] Thread to one related issues but concerning different nuances of it. Rarely used
  • [NEEDS INFO], [NEEDS SAVES] (Old: [SAVES NEEDED]) QA has answered in this threads and they either need more information or saves as they have issues duplicating the issue. In rare cases there will be questions from me on these threads as it's an issue that caught my interest. Issues that are possibly fixed also get this tag. If you come across them, please make sure to post and not just hit me too.
  • [WORKAROUND]: These are legit bugs that are listed in the compiled bugs but since they have a workaround, they are marked as solved to highlight the post with the workaround
  • [FIXED]: These are Issues that have been fixed. Information by either of these sources: Patch Notes, OP, Maxis Staff. Bugs that were officially fixed (Patch Notes/Maxis Staff Post) are locked. If you still see the issue, make a new thread. This ensures a current me too count and helps identify other causes that can lead to the same issue and also need fixing.
  • [MODS/CC RELATED]: This issue is related to a mod you're using or custom content. Make sure to remove
  • [BY DESIGN]: This is working as intended. If you don't like it, please post in the official forum in the feedback forum
  • [UNSURE] (Old: [UNCLEAR]) Totally not sure if it's a bug or by design.
  • [ARCHIVED] Old thread that usually have a new one. New ones are linked in the last post.

The following tags are no longer in use but there might still be old threads with this

• [WORK IN PROGRESS] This is a complex issue that is being looked into and adjusted by EA/MAXIS. Probably multiple issues involved 
  • [UNDER INVESTIGATION] A QA Guru has answered in this thread and acknowledge that they are trying to find some info. This does not mean it's an acknowledge bug or that it will get fixed soon. If anyone has further information to provide, that'd be great.
  • [NOT BUG]:This is working as intended. If you don't like it, please post in the official forum in the feedback forum
  • [FEEDBACK]: Bugs that have been reported a long while ago with not many me too's or echo or need Input to see if other see this as an issue that needs fixing. These are usually removed from the list. Also for formerly widespread issues that seem fixed but never have been in the patch notes. It's great if you post your feedback in these to see how many people still see it/are annoyed by it. --> Now Needs Input
  • [TO ADD] [NEEDS INPUT/A] Those have been identified as bug but have not been added to the list yet.
  • [TROUBLESHOOT] (OR TS if the title gets to long) Issues that need have troubleshooting steps OP needs to try. Often not forwarded until further info is provided
  • [TO TEST] Newly reported issues that need testing before being added to the list. Feel free to jump in on those. Not used commonly anymore.
  • [NEEDS INPUT] Issues that have been reported by few users or didn't have any interested in a long while. If you have this issue and you want it fixed, make sure to click me too and if the thread hasn't had an answer in 3 month, make sure to add your voice by posting in it. Needs Input threads with no interest in 3 month will be dropped from the list.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (97,064 Views)

Info To Provide

[ Edited ]
Hero

The Bug Template

If you can't find the issue you want to report by checking the compiled list or using the search bar, you should create a new post. To do so, click on the New topic button (be aware that it sometimes takes a moment for the button to appear). 

NewTopic.jpg

Please make sure you choose English in the top bar or you might have issues picking options.

English.jpg

After that you'll be asked to fill out a template. You need to fill out EVERY field, including the comment field at the bottom. Just adding a picture doesn't help, you need to add actual text. 

One of the fields asks for your Game Version. If you're unsure how to get the info, check out this post: How to find your game version number

Once you fill out everything, a Submit button will appear at the bottom. To get an email if your threads gets an answer, you can also subscribe to it before submitting. This is a good way to keep up with progress on the issue. If the Submit button does not show up although you filled out all the fields, try add some spaces to the comment box, especially if you c/p something to the box.

Template.jpg

You can also directly attach images (bit unsure if all ranks have this abilities) or add files to your post (not all extensions are supported).

Attachment.png

If you still have issue posting, please either create a new thread in PC Tech instead. Fill out all the info needed as asked in this post here

Good info to add additionally can be the following

Lagging/Freezing or any other issues of more technical nature

--> Should be posted in your own thread in the technical forum

• Some basic Info about your Computer: Processor, Amount of RAM, Graphic Card and Operating System (Mac with bootcamp/parallel desktop, Win 7, Win XP, …) ?
  • Do you have a 32 or 64 bit

Graphical Issues

• Some basic Info about your Computer: Processor, Amount of RAM, Graphic Card and Operating System (Mac, Win 7, Win XP, …), especially your graphic card
  • What date has your graphic card driver

Additional Info

In addition there are some additional files/information that may be helpful to provide if you would like to report a bug. When uploading Last Exceptions, please always upload the game ones and not BE or MCCC. 

These files will be located in documents\electronicarts\thesims4\

• lastCrash.txt (if it exists. If there is more than one, please include all of them.)
• lastException.txt (if it exists. If there is more than one, please include all of them.)
• lastUIException.txt (if it exists. If there is more than one, please include all of them.)
• Config.log
• the entire saves folder (you will not be able to add your saves folder to the post, please upload to some third party site and send a link)

To share those, please either use googleDrive or OneDrive to upload and share the link or upload them directly to your post. Files need to be < 20 MB to upload.

How to share files containing XML/HTML

There are several txt files that contain XML/HTML and hence aren't allowed for upload. There's several options how to provide those files.

Affected files: lastcrash, lastexception, lastUIException

Method 1: Create a rar file and upload that

• Download winrar or 7z (just google)
  • Create a rar archive for the files you want to upload
  • Attach to post

Method 2: Copy/Paste the content to a post

• Open the file with a text editor on your computer and then copy the whole content to your clipboard
  • Create a new post and paste the content you just content.
  • Mark the whole text and click the Insert Spoiler Tag button to add spoiler tags.
    Bild_2021-01-22_164644.png
  • If the text is too long,split it up in multiple posts.

Method 3: Upload the files to google or oneDrive

• Use a file sharing site (preferably google or onedrive) to upload your files
  • Make sure the file is publicly available so no one has to ask for permission
  • Depending on what info you're providing and who asked for it, either post it in the thread or PM the person who asked for it.

Method 4: Create a pdf or word file

If you have the means you can create a word file or a pdf and upload that. I believe both should be possible without editing the text.

Method 5: Edit the files to remove the XML/HTLM

• Open the file with a text editor
  • Find this Line: <?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
  • Delete that
  • Save the file
  • Upload

(need to test if that works for all the files mentioned above still)

Origin Issues

If you encounter an Origin issue, please file an Origin Error Report in the Origin client (In Origin > Help > Origin Error Reporter). This can be very helpful in figuring out Origin problems.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (97,058 Views)

Important Tips & Links

[ Edited ]
Hero

Important Links

Origin

Make sure your Origin is up-to-date. It usually gets auto-updated if you have the setting on and I recommend to do that. The download link is here

Crashing Issues

Crashing issues are mainly technical and don't belong in this forum. Please make your own thread there, posting your DxDiag and info about custom content, when it crashes and other useful stuff.

Abbreviations used

CC = Custom Content: cloth, objects, hair, etc from third-parties you add to your game.

Mods = Modifications you put in your game. Changes game play

LE = LastException .. Errors occuring in the game that are written to a file called LastException.txt in your doc folder

LE = Legacy Edition = Version of Sims for for older computers

MTS = ModTheSims: CC Site
TSR = TheSimsResource: A CC Site

QA = Quality Assurance, Maxis Team responsible for fixing bugs

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (92,207 Views)

How to share your save game

[ Edited ]
Hero

I encourage everyone to PM links instead of putting them at AHQ, especially if you're using a personal account that shows your real name. I will never give your information to anyone else without your permission. I will forward your save links to EA Staff/QA though unless you tell me not to.

This has two purposes: I want to try out on my game if I can reproduce the error and also to forward the save game to EA/Maxis so they can fix this. Be aware that I usually get no feedback from them so forwarding is a one way street. All you can do is hope that they fix it in an upcoming patch.

QA will sometimes ask for saves directly. Please follow their instructions to upload. Please do not PM saves to me if it was QA who asked.

There are no guarantees though that already affected save games can be recovered. Sometimes bugs are fixed but they only prevent the problem from happening again, not fixing old ones.

Instructions for Saves Folder

1. Navigate to this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\
  2. Right click on the folder saves you find inside it and choose Send to --> Compressed (zipped) folder

Folder.jpg
  3. A file will be created in your sims4 folder with the extension zip (if you have known extensions turned off, you will not see the .zip but you can tell by the icon). Rename that file with your user name (right click on the file and choose rename)

4. Upload the save to a file sharing site like Dropbox, GoogleDrive, OneDrive and PM me the link. Make sure the save is not set to needing permission to read

Instructions for a specific File

If you have a lot of saves, it's advisable that you only send the one that has the bug. To find out, which save you need to send, open the game and click on load.

Next to the save that has the issue, you will see a little folder. If you hover over this, you can find the path and name of the save file. Follow instructions above but only zip that one file,

CheckSave.jpg

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (79,258 Views)

How to find your Game Version

[ Edited ]
Hero

Game Version

The game Version is vital information for QA to know on which build an issue first occurred and also to know if your game is up-to-date or if you might need to update first. Please do not report bugs on outdated game versions.

Since EA/Maxis introduced the Legacy Edition, it also provides information if you have the issue on the standard version or the legacy one.

Please don't put latest or current or something along these lines because:

• For current posts they may seem enough info but if someone checks an older thread and just sees that, it can be anything.
  • If you put latest, one needs to check the date of your post and then find out which patch number was current then. If you put the actual number, it makes so much easier.
  • If you are still really unsure what you have, post at least: latest as per <current date> .. still extra work but at least it's easier to find when latest was

The game version usually looks like this

PC/Mac

1.xx.yyy.zzzz

• xx = Changes on big patches
  • yyy = Changes on big and smaller patches
  • zzzz= Indicates if you are on Mac/PC and if you’re running the Standard or the Legacy Edition.
    • 1030 = PC Standard
    • 1230 = Mac Standard
    • 1530 = PC Legacy
    • 1630 = Mac Legacy

Console

1.xx

• xx = Changes on patches

Please always provide the full number.

How can you find your Game Version For PC/Mac ?

There's several ways, the easiest is to either check in your files if you have troubles starting the game or on the main menu

Bild_2021-01-22_175944.png

As an alternative, navigate to the following file: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\GameVersion.txt and open the file with a text editor. You will find the Version Number inside.

How can you find your Game Version For Console ?

You can also see the information on the Options Screen of the game

• Select the game and press Options (PS4) or Menu (XB1)
  • For PS4: Either click on Update History or Information.
  • For XB1: Go to Manage Games and you should find the same info.

VersionPS41.jpg

VersionPS42.jpg

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (65,448 Views)

The Bug Form

[ Edited ]
Hero

If you absolutely can't fill out a bug report in the bug forum because the button does not appear, please copy/paste the form below the line  to a new thread in PC Tech

Fill out the info for every question (one line, one question).

State that you wanted to post this in the bug forum but couldn't and make sure to tag me. I will then move your post to the bug forum and fill out the form for you but in order to do that, I need all the info.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (47,893 Views)