by Vulori

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Fertilize several plants with the same item doesn't work

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.44.88
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them, up to and including Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a stack of growfruit in the sims inventory and que up to fertilize several plants at once.
What happens when the bug occurs? Only one growfruit is pulled out of my sims inventory and used. Only the first plant in the que actually benefits from being fertilized. Any plant after the first one in the que does not actually get the benefits of being fertilized, but the game will not let me try to fertilize the plant again.
What do you expect to see? The game taking one growfruit per plant I'm trying to fertilize and for the plant to actually go up in quality a little bit after the first plant in the que.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have been using growfruit to fertilize my plants, but after a while I noticed that for twenty plants, only a few growfruit were used. After testing, I found that only the first plant actually used the growfruit and got a boost to it's evolution. As it stands right now, I cannot que up several plants at once to be fertilized by growfruit. I have to do each plant one at a time, waiting until the game has taken the growfruit out before going to the next plant. This is making it more time consuming to fertilize plants since I cannot just select growfruit for each one. The game doesn't take the growfruit out of my inventory except for the first plant in the que or give any plants qued after the first one the boost that they should get from being fertilized, but the game will not let me fertilize the plant.

I pretty much have been sticking to growfruit for fertilizer, but I did a small test using snapdragons instead and got the same result.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 72 (4,924 Views)

Re: Trying to fertilize several plants at once with the same item doesn't work

Hero
Was this ever different for you ?

Have you tried using two different kinds of fertilized and switching between them ? There's a few issues similar to this, always have been.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 72 (4,818 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Before the gardening update, I rarely fertilized plants in my game, so I wasn't aware of it being an issue before. I did try using two different types of items and that worked fine. After a little more testing, it seems that it's hit or miss when trying to fertilize plants with the same type of item if you que up to fertilize plants using items from the same stack.

Message 3 of 72 (4,797 Views)

Hero
What happens if you queue it up like this: Stack A, Stack B, stack A, Stack B ? I haven't had any time to test stuff myself, unfortunately.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 72 (4,789 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

If I queue it up like you suggested, the last two plants do not actually get fertilized nor do the items get removed from my sims inventory. If I click on the plant to try and fertilize it again, it is grayed out. So it looks like only the first item of a stack gets used successfully if trying to queue up several plants to fertilize at once.

Message 5 of 72 (4,770 Views)

Hero
yeah, think it's the same like with the treasure maps. If you have multiple, it fails after the first. You can't queue more than one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 72 (4,760 Views)

Hero
I've added this as unsure to the list as it might be by design.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 72 (4,694 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

For myself, and it's been this way for me before Seasons, I always queue up 7 plants to fertilize with the top item (paused game then live once all 7 are queued).  Always, it uses one item for those 7 plants.  I always considered this a perk as you use less fertilizer this way.  All of my plants benefit from being fertilized.  I just checked all of my Seasons game plants and they are all at the same quality growth level.  So for me, I see no change to how it's always worked.

Message 8 of 72 (4,659 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Fertilize several plants with the same item doesn't work

★★★ Newbie

I too had this issue.
I have to wait between every plant to actually Fertilize the plant as described, I cannot fertilize the plant anymore even thought the plant did not gain anything from the fertilization. Again only the first plant gets the benefits of the fertilize and all other plants on the queue does not get fertilize.

I also tried the suggested comment in this thread by rotating fertilized typed plants/fish in the queue but again only the first plant but get the same results as above, only first plant in queue gets fertilize.

Message 9 of 72 (4,495 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Fertilize several plants with the same item doesn't work

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I always pause the game, then queue up fertilizing, choosing the same stack of whatever I'm using (usually growfruit). Then un-pause, and they will fertilize up to 7 plants using one from the stack. I can't choose to fertilize the same plants again, but they always grow & improve regardless if they're the first one or not. As long as they're stepping from one plant to the next and doing the fertilizer animation, the plants are getting fertilized. 

Different plants evolve faster than others, though. Snapdragons evolve pretty fast, where my UFO plants seem to take forever. I have not noticed any plants that don't improve if you tend them & fertilize, just that they grow at different rates.

Message 10 of 72 (4,475 Views)