Re: Sims Exchange problem.

by glenn0424

Original Post

Sims Exchange problem.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I been trying to download some lots from the exchange. I have high end loft and Fast lane. before the updates I was able to before but now I can't. What can I do? Also when I click on to download a lot it tells me to update my game. I click to chack for updates and says my game is up to date.

Message 1 of 9 (291 Views)

Hero

What is your base game version right now ?

To find out, open your launcher and hover over the little base game icon in the lower left part of the launcher. It should say 1.42.

More Details can be found here: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-find-your-game-version.html

For Macs: http://bluebellflora.com/ts3-on-a-mac/checking-which-patch-version-youre-running

Is the downloading the issue or the installing ? Do you use save file or add to game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (285 Views)

★ Novice

The base game is at 1.42. and the issue is the downloading both the add to game and save file.

Message 3 of 9 (281 Views)

Hero

Can you give me a link to one of the lots you're trying to download ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (279 Views)

★ Novice

Interesting. When I try to go find a lot in the exchange with the fast lane and High end Loft, it tells me "This item is no longer available" &

"Official Development Blooper: Dude, where's my car?

Your Exchange upload has been removed by The Sims 3 Web Team. Your upload may have been violating the site's Terms of Service Terms of Service"

I didn't get  that before.

I just tried doing a download which brought up the game launcher but nothing is happening.Here is one of the lots I tried to download. Hudson Family Estate

Message 5 of 9 (270 Views)

Hero

Could you post the link ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (268 Views)

★ Novice

I'm sorry for the delay. It won't let me send a link.

Message 7 of 9 (259 Views)

Hero

I think I found it.

Questions:

1. Do you use save file or add to game to downlaod

2. Is it the downloading that is not working OR the installing ?

I can download fine both ways but when I install them only the one I downloaded through Add To Game works. A lot of Exchange stuff does that now. I have no clue why.

As for the other message that's just an upload that was removed by EA.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (257 Views)

★ Novice

I don't know if this is what you meant about the link here it is.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6664968#

I tried to look for other lots dl but all the lots that i try to dl all have been done back 2010.

Message 9 of 9 (251 Views)