Re: Lot issues as of latest release causing game to crash with no warning

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Lot issues as of latest release causing game to crash with no warning

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.365.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Outdoor Retreat Dine Out Vampires Parenthood StrangerVille Realm of Magic My Wedding Stories Get to Work Get Together City Living Cats & Dogs Seasons Get Famous Discover University Snowy Escape Cottage Living growing together high school years
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? by placing lots / creating new sims and trying to enter world
What happens when the bug occurs? CPU goes to 0% then game crashes, no freeze
What do you expect to see? lot to be placed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. downloaded latest update of sims

i can play sims just fine if i load them in without the "create household / place into world" bit but the moment i go this route the game will crash 

this also applies to placing lots / saving edited lots it will crash right away with no real cause 

CC isnt the problem as i have tried without cc

1. removed all files within the game folder itself to test this
  2. uninstalled the game
  3. reinstalled the game
  4. repaired game 

With cc installed: 

2. uninstalled the game
  3. reinstalled the game
  4. repaired game 
  5. place mods back in (increments of 100, crashed everytime) 

I tried without the latest expansion : growing together 

2. uninstalled the game
  3. reinstalled the game
  4. reinstalled everything but growing together
  5. repaired game 

I tried without any expansion or game pack 

the lot problem occurred after 10 houses were place, i retested this 3 times to be sure all three happening after 10 lots were placed

2. uninstalled the game
  3. reinstalled the game
  4. repaired game 

i have read through the forum to see if anyone has had a breakthrough or tricks i haven't used & overall nothing has been found hope this gets fixed as i would really like to play growing together

Message 1 of 6 (423 Views)

Hero
@holiichet Hi. thanks for the detailed report.

One quick question: Do you have the game through steam or EA app ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (367 Views)

★ Novice
Message 3 of 6 (354 Views)

@holiichet 

Restart your PC. (A real "Restart" not just shutting down and start again.)

Then:

• Hit Windows key and X.
    • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” or "Windows Terminal (Administrator)", whichever option is offered.
    • Inside the PowerShell or CMD, enter “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Checkhealth” without quotes. > ENTER.
    • If errors are found, notify us. If no errors were found reaped steps 1 & 2.
    • Inside the PowerShell or CMD, enter “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes. > ENTER.
    • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here.
    • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key and X again.
    • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command Prompt (Administrator)”
    • Inside the PowerShell or CMD, enter “sfc /scannow” without quotes. >ENTER.
    • Post the message you receive at the end of the processes here.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 6 (345 Views)

★ Novice

went through the process and did extra
final result "windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations"
figured it would be best to rerun the process with scanhealth and restorehealth via safe mode , same results,

decided to test this on my laptop 

fresh installed windows 11 laptop (no mods) (3 try's)

1. fresh install of ea and sims 
  2. crash happened every time after editing a lot 

my second pc has version 1.95.207.1030, same mods, same tray, offline mode to see 

• game works perfectly no problem

Message 5 of 6 (328 Views)

@holiichet  Do you use a third-party antivirus, and if so, have you set exceptions for TS4_x64.exe and EADesktop.exe?  Please try that if you haven't already.  If you only use Windows Defender and Controlled Folder Access is enabled, set the same exceptions.  (You don't need to use it if it's already disabled.)  This guide covers CFA and a couple third-party antivirus programs:

https://crinrict.com/blog/2020/10/add-exceptions-to-anti-virus-programs.html

If that doesn't help, please try playing in offline mode on one of the computers that's on patch 1.96 and let me know whether it helps.

While troubleshooting, please use a clean Sims 4 user folder: move the existing folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop (or wherever you want) and allow the game to generate a new one.  You can add your saves and other content back later, but it's best to get the game running properly first.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 6 (270 Views)