Re: Sim not always getting points for fame perks upon gaining a rank

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [GF] Missing Fame Points on gaining Level

★★★★ Guide
Yes, this is what I deduced as well. Thank you for explaining it much better than I did. I think the 'glitch' part is not notifying or assigning fame points accordingly like I've seen in other (recently added) careers. Perhaps something in the code needs a slight adjustment (guessing there, as I've not looked that deeply). Standard smile
Message 21 of 47 (2,406 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@HelblichVery interesting. I have six Sims in three different households with varying levels of fame.

Everything is working fine except I have one Sim who is a "notable newcomer" with no fame points and it just so happen that he is a Pro Athlete. Another Sim in a different household is a B-Lister and is a Bodybuilder - the fame for *that* Sim seems to be working correctly.

This makes it look like the Pro Athlete career might be doing something to mess up the fame system.

Message 22 of 47 (2,386 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Missing Fame Points on gaining Level

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PS4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Sometimes (25-49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.13
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Get to Work, Dine Out, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Raise Sim's fame, and not be looking at him when he gains the level?
What happens when the bug occurs? I wasn't looking at the Sim in question when he gained Four Stars.
What do you expect to see? When fame reaches a specific level, regardless of how it's done, they should be awarded their fame points. (Or be provided their fame points again if re-acquiring the fame level.)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No.

I have an Author(9) Sim who got to four star and didn't get his Perks. Tried a Cleanse, didn't get the perks. I thought about letting him lose the Fame, but I'm guessing it won't work from the looks of things in this thread.

Message 23 of 47 (2,356 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi there,

I'm new to Sims 4 and just ran into the same issue with my Sim that chose the athletic career.

Which cheat did you apply to fix this?

Haven't tried moving in and out yet. Just thinking that a cheat might be the quicker solution.

Thanks!

Message 24 of 47 (2,309 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

We've been having trouble reproducing this issue, even with previously provided save files. Could someone else possibly share a save? Thanks for the help!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 25 of 47 (2,278 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi,

How does someone go about sharing a save?

I just ran into this issue myself. I have 2 sims in a household and one has been going through the fame levels fine (at proper celebrity now) and getting points (actor career). 

The second (business career) got to the first level but didn't get any points or option for celebrity cleanse. I just dropped her back to no fame and then up to notable newcomer, but she still has no points. 

I used my first Sim's hype perk to get the second most of her fame points, not sure if that makes a difference.

EDIT: Added my save here, thanks
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1797iU_QGyi-nAEXrF2Z5-xIKAFpK9ei3/view?usp=sharing

Message 26 of 47 (2,232 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Here's instructions: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 47 (2,225 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

this Bug still persists, my Sim went from first level to 2nd level without getting the Fame Points and no notification that my Sim earned the 2nd level, got that level while traveling from another lot to the home lot.

The only way for me to fix it was to Quit the Spotlight and then re add the fame level with the testingcheat followed by shift+leftclick on my sim and there the public image option to increase the celebrity level to back where I was

Message 28 of 47 (2,090 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Please keep in mind everyone you got to go past the marker to get the level.  The green bar on one of the pictures is right at the line, but you won't actually get the level or points until after your decay level has past the marker area.  My sim didn't even register for the first level until I say the green bar just above the top of level one.  You get two perks for level 1, 2, 3, 4 which equals 10 plus the asperation gives you an additional point so a total of 11 points and decay freezes when the asperation is completed.

Also if you go below level 1 your fame perks will go back to 0, but your get it back when you go back to level 1

A good example is if you are at level 1 and have 2 Fame perk points and you spend 2 perk points, if you decay to unknown the perks will disappear and so will your points so you think you lost your points, the points will reappear when you get back to fame level 1 or notable newcomer..  This is the same with every level, except level 5 since you can't go  past it.

Message 29 of 47 (2,059 Views)

★ Pro

Same issue with 2 of my sims now, no notification, and no perk pints added, but all else shows sims at new level.

Message 30 of 47 (2,000 Views)