[FIXED] Sim Profile not opening after Learning (Dis)Likes/LUIE occurring

by TullaDoVenen

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Sim Profile bug occuring from the May 27th update

★★★★ Apprentice

There’s a temporary fix where you can’t prevent sims learning preferences by CHINGYU

Message 101 of 126 (1,537 Views)

Re: [LAUNDRY LIST] Sim Profile not opening after Learning (Dis)Likes/LUIE occurr

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Hopefully this bug will be resolved soon I noticed this bug report has been tagged as a laundry list now.

Message 102 of 126 (1,545 Views)

Re: [LAUNDRY LIST] Sim Profile not opening after Learning (Dis)Likes/LUIE occurr

★★★★ Apprentice

MC Command Center has fixed the profiles for me, but I'm looking forward to that upcoming patch then so I can start using the decorator career again.

Message 103 of 126 (1,512 Views)

Re: Profile doesn't open

★★★★ Novice

I am having the exact same issue and its been driving me nuts! I cleared all mods, even started a fresh Sims 4 folder and the issue is still happening. Frown I wonder what it could be. Someone halp! 

Message 104 of 126 (1,507 Views)

@LightsMeAction  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Feel free to click Me Too on the first post on page one.

This issue is also on the newly-released Laundry List, so hopefully it gets fixed in the next patch, whenever that's released.

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/laundry-list-june-15-2021

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 105 of 126 (1,497 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict thank you!!
Message 106 of 126 (1,477 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@TullaDoVenen Same bug symptoms ("Open Sim Profile" not working at all after learning likes and dislikes), same log results (LastUIException), same everything... and now finally on the laundry list. Thank you all for covering my otherwise duplicate bug report.
Message 107 of 126 (1,363 Views)

Opening 'Sim Profile' Issue

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Recently downloaded all the expansion packs and most of the other add-ons, and it's mostly all been great! However, I am currently running a 100 Baby Challenge save, in which I added all the extra packs at multiple points in the gameplay -- which I don't know if is correlated to the bug I've been experiencing, which is: there is a particular Sim, one of the original Sim's children, whose Sim Profile opens but without any acknowledgement of her relationship to her mother or any details about her extra traits. All other Sim Profiles open fine; however, once I open hers, all the other Sims' Profiles (including hers) stop opening at all, afterward. The option to "Open Sim Profile" still appears under 'Actions," but nothing appears when clicked.

I have no CC installed at this point, and have tried repairing the game with Origin, as well as restarting the game multiple times and resetting the Sim in question (which allows me to open Sim Profiles again without issue, until I touch said Sim's specific profile again), without success. Is there information on how to fix this problem?

(If it is at all relevant -- I don't know when this problem started exactly, with regard to this sim, but I only noticed this problem after she left the household because she was the first child my Sim raised with 3 positive character value traits, which earned the mother the Super Parent aspiration -- maybe this triggered it?)

Message 108 of 126 (1,286 Views)

Re: Opening 'Sim Profile' Issue

Hero
@bismortem The profiles are currently a bit broken. I merged your post with the main thread on it

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 109 of 126 (1,274 Views)

Sims Profile Bug

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: City Living, Get to Work, Seasons, Get Together, Get Famous Game Packs: Dream Home Decorator, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, Vampires Stuff Packs: Kids Room, Luxury, Laundry Day, Moschino, Perfect Patio, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look into Sim Profile system.
What happens when the bug occurs? Upon start up, the Sims profiles will open up and appear as they should I assume but then after opening a couple they suddenly stop opening for the current play session and do not open or become viewable unless I close the game and start it back up, in which it repeats as previously mentioned.
What do you expect to see? I expect the Sims Profiles to be viewable for the whole play session.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

In short, When I am first playing the game in the beginning I can click a sim and open sims profile and view it but then after viewing a few of them it stops opening the profiles and I can not view them for the rest of the session. Just curious if this is a known bug or if it can be looked into or fixed?

Message 110 of 126 (1,227 Views)