Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sim Profile not opening after Learning (Dis)Likes/LUIE occurring

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Create a Household, pick likes and dislikes. (I chose 20/20) 2. Create another Household, pick likes and dislikes. (I chose 20/20) (In my case, I made 1 household with 2 sims because I wanted to make two polar oposites, and another household to check out how learning about the likes/dislikes works) 3. Place them in the world, I chose Del Sol Valley. 4. Go into Live mode, make the sims visit each other. (I made Sim B active and chose to visit Sim A) 5. Try to learn hobbies, colors, music taste. I only seemed to be able to learn colors however, but it might be chance based? 6. After learning colors, I open sim profile of said sim to check what I learnt. 7. Sim panel is blank with a really big scroll bar 8. Go home, try to open sim panel, I get lastUIexception (cant access property or method with reference null object)
What happens when the bug occurs? After learning dislikes / likes from said sim which I've just created, I try to open the Sim Profile to check them. This is where the problem occurs. At first, it is just blank with a long scroll bar. Then I visit another lot, eg. "Go Home" and try to open the Sim Panel for the same sim. The panel now wont open at all and pause-music plays as if I was in Manage Worlds.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the Sim Profile open up and reveal the new likes/dislikes which I had my newly created sims learn from each other. Instead, I get LastUIExceptions and overlapping pause music runing Live Mode until I open up another menu which prompts for a change in music.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Here are the stepts, in better format:

1. Create a Household, pick likes and dislikes. (I chose 20/20)

2. Create another Household, pick likes and dislikes. (I chose 20/20)

(In my case, I made 1 household with 2 sims because I wanted to make two polar oposites, and another household to check out how learning about the likes/dislikes works)

3. Place them in the world, I chose Del Sol Valley.

4. Go into Live mode, make the sims visit each other. (I made Sim B active and chose to visit Sim A)

5. Try to learn hobbies, colors, music taste. I only seemed to be able to learn colors however, but it might be chance based?

6. After learning colors, I open sim profile of said sim to check what I learnt.

7. Sim panel is blank with a really big scroll bar

8. Go home, try to open sim panel, I get lastUIexception (cant access property or method with reference null object)

This is a completely fresh Sims 4 install. Everything in My Documents folder relating to Sims 4 was nuked a while ago by me. I have used mods previously, but that was in december/november.

I do suspect there is an issue with learning some of the hobbies or music from a pack I have. I have every pack and kit installed. Both Households have 20 / 20 likes/dislikes selected.

Maybe there is a problem with SimData for one of the hobbies/musics I selected?

I have reproduced the issue 3 times with the same sims and household.

I have provided a video recording of me reproducing the issue for the third time.

I have also provided two save games, one from before the issue occurs and one from after.

Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aY5Ao94q8ERLvTpmbYA_Kont1vAUwcqr/view?usp=sharing (its 200+ MB, sorry)

Save Files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZbN0gUfJkdtKUABYvrf_F2c2daKnlL6z?usp=sharing

Edit: Forgot the logs.

Spoiler
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root> <report><version>2</version><sessionid>6d0cb43685139d2060afe863</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2021-05-27 18:46:00</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.75.125.1030-1.200.000.507.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>(AS)widgets.Gameplay.SimProfile::SimProfileMain</categoryid><desyncid>6d0cb43685139d2060afe863</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.&#13;&#10; at widgets.Gameplay.SimProfile::SimProfileMain/PopulatePreferences()&#13;&#10; at olympus.core.widget::WidgetBase/Show()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationObject/DispatchToWidget()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/DispatchStoredOnDemandMessages()&#13;&#10; at olympus.core::LayoutManager/OnDemandWidgetLoadComplete()&#13;&#10;rtim=12293&#13;&#10;ClientInfo isn't here</desyncdata></report> <report><version>2</version><sessionid>6d0cb43685139d2060afe863</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2021-05-27 18:46:27</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.75.125.1030-1.200.000.507.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>(AS)widgets.Gameplay.SimProfile::SimProfileMain</categoryid><desyncid>6d0cb43685139d2060afe863</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.&#13;&#10; at widgets.Gameplay.SimProfile::SimProfileMain/ClearProfileData()&#13;&#10; at olympus.core.widget::WidgetBase/Show()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationObject/Dispatch()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/SendUIMessage()&#13;&#10;rtim=14912&#13;&#10;ClientInfo isn't here</desyncdata></report> </root>

Edit by crinrict: Adjusted title, put LE in spoiler tags for better readability 

Message 1 of 126 (22,906 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [LAUNDRY LIST] Sim Profile not opening after Learning (Dis)Likes/LUIE occurr

Hero

Fixed an issue where when Sims learned about the Likes and Dislikes of other Sims their Sim Profile became blank. I mean, unless they like or dislike nothing, that is… troubling.

Fixed in Patch 1.76.81/ 1.4.

I'm aware that some of the posts in this thread sounded slightly different and I'm unsure if all issues concerning the profile are fixed.

If you still have issues please create a new thread, describing in as much details as possible what you see on the profile. Also check if you still get a LastUI Exception or not.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 126 of 126 (13,325 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sim Profile not opening after Learning (Dis)Likes/LUIE occurring

★★★★★ Novice
@TullaDoVenen I've been having the same problem i tried repairing it started a new save file but still unable to open the sim profile and i keep getting last ui exceptions
Message 2 of 126 (22,720 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have done some more testing on this and I also don't seem to be able to learn hobbies from other sims. I never get a notification for it like it gives me when I learn colors and music taste. I tried making a sim which only liked Comedy, and one sim which only disliked Comedy. Could not learn that after at least 10 tries of asking about hobbies. <- (This is probably a seperate issue?)

So what I've concluded is this: The Sim Profile breaks the moment I learn favorite colors or taste in music.

I restarted the game and made a new save, made two new sims which only liked colors and music but no hobbies. Same issue with the Sim Profile not working.

I did not test this all the way around, but it seemed like Sim Profile partially broke when I learnt about colors, because then I could at least open the Sim Profile (but it was empty).

Once I learnt music tastes as well, it would not open at all.

I am doing a complete wipe of the game again, just to be 100% sure, with a final "Repair" after its done downloading and installing packs.

Message 3 of 126 (22,656 Views)

Hero
@TullaDoVenen Yeah, if you can't learn something, then please make a separate thread.

No need really for a reinstall. I do think this is a legit issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 126 (22,642 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@TullaDoVenen Its the same,what i did was i didn't assign any likes or dislikes to my sim and didn't make them ask for other sims likes or dislikes so far i didn't get a Last exception, but i noticed i was getting a blank on opening the career icon for my sim that corrected after making them choose a career through the phone
Message 5 of 126 (22,619 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just wanted to say I am also having the same issue. Started a brand new save file and removed all my mods, so it's definitely the game. 

Message 6 of 126 (22,571 Views)

★ Guide

I'm having a similar issue with the Sim profiles not coming up. It seems to have broke when I learned a Sim's favorite color. I opened their profile, and it showed nothing but their age (young adult). Nothing about being friends or neighbors. Other Sims' profiles would show info, but after I clicked on the profile of the Sim with whom I learned their favorite color, suddenly all profiles just wouldn't open.

I restarted the game and I could view the profiles again, except for the Sim with whom I learned their favorite color. But after clicking their profile again, all profiles do not open.

Message 7 of 126 (22,542 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sim Profile not opening after Learning (Dis)Likes/LUIE occurring

★★★ Pro

I am having the same issue. I am getting a last exception in my game from this issue.

<report><version>2</version><sessionid>276f4b4fb2f775e160b0de2e</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2021-05-28 13:27:43</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.75.125.1030-1.200.000.507.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>(AS)widgets.Gameplay.SimProfile::SimProfileMain</categoryid><desyncid>276f4b4fb2f775e160b0de2e</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.&#13;&#10;	at widgets.Gameplay.SimProfile::SimProfileMain/PopulatePreferences()&#13;&#10;	at olympus.core.widget::WidgetBase/Show()&#13;&#10;	at olympus.io::CommunicationObject/DispatchToWidget()&#13;&#10;	at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/DispatchStoredOnDemandMessages()&#13;&#10;	at olympus.core::LayoutManager/OnDemandWidgetLoadComplete()&#13;&#10;rtim=449858&#13;&#10;ClientInfo isn't here</desyncdata></report>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>276f4b4fb2f775e160b0de2e</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2021-05-28 13:30:09</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.75.125.1030-1.200.000.507.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>(AS)widgets.Gameplay.SimProfile::SimProfileMain</categoryid><desyncid>276f4b4fb2f775e160b0de2e</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.&#13;&#10;	at widgets.Gameplay.SimProfile::SimProfileMain/ClearProfileData()&#13;&#10;	at olympus.core.widget::WidgetBase/Show()&#13;&#10;	at olympus.io::CommunicationObject/Dispatch()&#13;&#10;	at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/SendUIMessage()&#13;&#10;rtim=464420&#13;&#10;ClientInfo isn't here</desyncdata></report>

Message 8 of 126 (22,376 Views)

★ Guide

What I discovered about Likes and Dislikes as it pertains to Sim Profiles.

Note: the following pertains to Sims Outside of your household. Asking about Likes and Dislikes to Sims within your household does not break the Sim profiles, in my testing (I think because your sim already knows them?)

So, upon further investigation, if you find out a Sim's hobby/hobbies, it will not break the Sim profile. But finding either likes in music or color Does break the Sim profile.

But oddly, if a Sim has none, and you use testingcheats to edit them in CAS, in order to give them Likes and Dislikes, you can ask them about their hobbies all day and never learn them (in my testing anyway). Editing Sims this way still allows you to learn their likes or dislikes of color or music, but those of course break the Sim profile. 

When the profile initially breaks, you can still go back and view their profile, but only age and learned traits show up (nothing about job or friendship levels). Closing the profile and opening it back up, will eventually break all profiles to the point that none will open up.

The only way to fix the profiles, as I stated before, is to restart the game (returning to the main menu and reloading a save does not help). But as soon as you click on a Sim's profile of someone whom you learned a color or music preference of, the Sim profiles will be broken again.

Summary: For Sims not living in your household, learning a Sim's Likes and Dislikes in color and music breaks the Sim profile (initially just for that Sim, but eventually all Sims). Learning hobbies does not break Sim profiles, however if you added their hobbies (with Testingcheats CAS) you won't ever learn the hobbies, thus not breaking the Sim Profile.

Summary of the Summary: don't ask Sims outside of your household about their colors or music, if you don't want the Sim profiles to get broken.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon, so we can make use of the most recent updates.

Message 9 of 126 (22,355 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It's really frustrating to see this,was hoping for some change in the gameplay with this update 

Message 10 of 126 (22,302 Views)