Re: The Sims 4 Wedding Stories Has Broken My Game (Please Update this Pack)

by AggieSim

Original Post

Re: [MWS] No one is showing up in Wedding attire

★★ Guide

I agree with you. Carl does some fixes with autonomy off but not much. And thank goodness for Carl. It's very glitchy and buggy. 

I'm very disappointed that this got past QC for release. I even went on Sims FB social and made a post about it.  Its almost as stressful as planning a real wedding. 

And yes Mc Command Ctr would fix the issue with the clothing,  but if you ask them to come in Polished/BoHo or Formal attire, shouldn't they arrive in it?  What about console players who can't use mods? 

I trust that the Dev Team is working their hardest to fix the glitches, and I have faith in them that they will, but my advice as a C-level executive is to get better QC. This can't keep happening with releases.

Message 11 of 19 (1,445 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [MWS] No one is showing up in Wedding attire

★★★★★ Novice

I’ve tried a few weddings, and got the same result. Everyone showed up in everyday wear instead of formal. I was so disappointed, as I’d set them to have costumes for their formal wear for a themed wedding. 

I’ve tried with and without mods. 

Message 12 of 19 (1,391 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Not only is everyone not wearing a wedding dress, but a red carpet wedding is impossible, including cutting the cake. And the guests won’t be at your wedding on the new map... . There is also the problem of slow dancing and the first dance where both couples choose to dance outside. ........ . When vows are exchanged, guests don’t sit still for the wedding... Instead, they say their side goes from left to the other side. ...... . There is also the problem of not being able to make a vow in front of a suitor... ...

Message 13 of 19 (1,288 Views)

★ Guide

Same

Message 14 of 19 (1,237 Views)

★★ Guide

Very true.  I used the mod made by Carl. He recently updated it so that it works much better.  But still, a mod should not have to do this. 

Without a mod, there is very little you can do when it comes to the wedding gameplay with the pack in its current state. 

Overall, I would like to say I love the world of Tortosa, CAS, and the lore, but I was very disheartened with the wedding gameplay. 

Message 15 of 19 (1,233 Views)

★ Guide

In the game, it says that Sims should default to formal wear for weddings when no attire is set.

In order for that to take effect, the following chances are necessary to each of these 6 tuning files

job_Custom_State_Wedding_HonorAttendant

job_Custom_State_Wedding_FlowerSpreader

job_Custom_State_Wedding_RingBearer

job_Custom_State_Wedding_Guest

job_Custom_State_Wedding_Officiant

job_Wedding_Ceremony_Host_Couple

<V n="job_uniform" t="uniform_specified">
    <U n="uniform_specified">
      <E n="outfit_change_priority">High</E>
      <T n="playable_sims_change_outfits">True</T>
      <E n="outfit_change_reason">Category_Formal</E>
    </U>
  </V> 

Please note that this does not solve the issue with the style and colour preferences not working, it just solves the underlying issue of Sims not even wearing formalwear.

In exactly the same manner, formal wear could be set as outfits for the pre-wedding events:

279292  jobs_PrePostWeddingParties_Guest_Reception

279293  jobs_PrePostWeddingParties_Player_Reception

280363  jobs_PrePostWeddingParties_Guest_EngagementDinner

280362  jobs_PrePostWeddingParties_Player_EngagementDinner

280367  jobs_PrePostWeddingParties_Player_RehearsalDinner

280364  jobs_PrePostWeddingParties_Guest_RehearsalDinner

278284  jobs_PrePostWeddingParties_Guest_FamilyGathering

278285  jobs_PrePostWeddingParties_Player_FamilyGathering

The bach party is already fine, the attire is set to party wear for that one.

Message 16 of 19 (1,130 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same with me. When I direct them to do wedding stuff they don't do it. They don't show up to the wedding dressed in the right clothes. I don't know how to make the NPCs get into their assigned clothing. It's a mess. 

Message 17 of 19 (1,147 Views)

★ Novice

I have tried doing it twice now with the same couple, my hired staff won't even show up - i hired them multiple times and no one showed up. I even requested each individual sim to take a seat and nothing happened, this is very frustrating that even the basic mechanics of the game that were advertised as a reason to purchase this pack are not working. If i knew this didn't work I wouldn't have gone through all the trouble to build a wedding venue custom for my sims. Feels like just a waste of time and money. very disappointed. 

Message 18 of 19 (1,019 Views)

Hero

Sims should now show up in their appropriate attire for Wedding Ceremonies

Fixed in Patch 1.85.203/1.55

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 19 (3,056 Views)