Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Wedding Venues not Listed as a Location when Planning a Wedding

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.84.171.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Journey to Batuu, Laundry Day Stuff Pack, Spooky Stuff Pack, and the kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Create a wedding venue 2. Set up two sims relationship as Fiancé via CAS 3. Plan a wedding via social event on the phone or calendar 4. Search for the Wedding Venue through the location tab
What happens when the bug occurs? Every other location BUT the wedding venues are listed.
What do you expect to see? Wedding venues to be included as locations for weddings.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.84.171.1030 update

Wanted to address the issue that the Sims Community website had with wedding venues not being included as a place when planning a wedding event. I'm also suffering from this issue and I hope there's a hotfix for this soon.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title. 

Message 1 of 16 (7,108 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Wedding venue lot type not available to schedule weddings at

Hero

We fixed an issue that caused Wedding Venues not to be available for Base Game Weddings.

Fixed in Patch 1.85.203/1.55

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 16 of 16 (6,909 Views)

All Replies

Re: Wedding Venues not Listed as a Location when Planning a Wedding (Social Even

★★★★ Pro

I can confirm this as you can see in this unlisted video here: https://youtu.be/BHr8QrVNiFI

Here's a screenshot of the wedding venue lot that I've placed:

No description available.

I'm testing in a mod/cc free game. Game version is PC: 1.84.171.1030.   

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 2 of 16 (7,057 Views)

Re: Wedding Venues not Listed as a Location when Planning a Wedding (Social Even

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

If 2 engaged sims travel directly to the wedding venue (not from planning the event as the wedding venue doesn't show) and want to get married under an arch...well there is 6 to 12 random sims arriving and wandering around. Some taking pictures. None really doing something, not even sitting. Kinda look weird.

Message 3 of 16 (7,052 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Kametisu Interestingly enough the Sims Community fansite posted an article about the Wedding Venues not being able to actually host weddings lol.
Message 4 of 16 (6,996 Views)

★★ Guide

A wedding venue not working on a wedding pack. Great job. Amazing.

Message 5 of 16 (6,766 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same issue, not tried in different saves but tried with 2 different venues with 2 different couples, and restarting game and computer didn't fix.

Message 6 of 16 (6,710 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Yesterday I repaired my game (without the Mods folder to keep it running clean), and I can't even create a wedding venue from the dropdown of different Lot options. For example, replacing an empty lot in Sulani (either originally as Beach or Residential) with Wedding Venue instead. Simply no option available Frown 

Message 7 of 16 (6,565 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

For whatever reason, I found I couldn't select 'wedding venue' in the Newcrest neighbourhood; but every other neighbourhood (I have all packs) I was able to to. Even when placing a wedding venue from the gallery in Newcrest, the lot type would change to 'generic'. I have tested this without mods and with mods - same result both times. Haven't yet tested a wedding event.

Edit: just tried to hold a wedding - no wedding venues listed (I have placed 1 wedding venue in my game). Tried via the calendar and phone.

Message 8 of 16 (6,472 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Just recently learned from Early Access content that the new wedding UI from the Wedding Stories pack completely replaces the UI used for weddings, no longer seeing it as just any other party with goals. This might be the cause of the reason why Wedding Venues can't currently work to host weddings, because they're now part of the new wedding UI system shipped with MWS.

Message 9 of 16 (5,647 Views)

★★★ Guide
@paradiseplanet27 If that's the reason then, this makes wedding venues completely pointless for the base game. Why would they create the UI only for the MWS pack? I really hope this doesn't force any players to purchase the pack just to make wedding venues functional to host events.
Message 10 of 16 (5,612 Views)