[FIXED] Game creating tons empty households/Save game bloat/Insane Lag

by JamJamsArt

Original Post

Re: Loads of empty households

The Cleaner Modul is the one I was referring to. It is pretty self explanatory, but if you have questions there is a link to the mod‘s discord on the page, where people can help you with the settings. =)

Message 11 of 413 (7,989 Views)

Unused/outside the world household problem

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Dream Home Decorator, Throwback Fit Kit, Courtyard Oasis Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not shure how, why I ask. But i belive my problem is what others been talking about that is unused households outside the world. I got a way too big list of them and i dont know if more keeps adding as i try remove them. the list never ends.
What happens when the bug occurs? Everything is stops, freezes all the time and nothing is click able and i have to wait for a while before things starts moving again.
What do you expect to see? I klick on things for my sim to do but the game freezes, you can pause or unpause during that time. You cant even save and to Headmenu.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Cottage Living

I'd love some help. The game is unplayable right becouse it keeps freezing. I've heard from other posts that it might be about the Household edit list

which i checked and when i looked there have to be at least thousand unused households that is outside of the world. I started to remove some
then when I notice this is more than I expected i tested using a autoklicker. But it's would take me days to remove them this way. Is there a faster way
to remove them so it's back to just a handful amount?

Please i really need the help.

Message 12 of 413 (7,929 Views)

Re: Game creating tons empty households

★★★ Guide

I no longer have the save, sorry, but I had this on my first Cottage Living playthrough - fresh folder as always for new releases, no mods or cc, game got really laggy and angry

Message 13 of 413 (3,979 Views)

Re: Unused/outside the world household problem

★ Guide

This is bananas.  I uninstalled and reinstalled and the issue seemed to go away but I still feel a stutter and that is with a clean save and no mods.  No more empty households but had duplicate Agnes crumplebottom 

Message 14 of 413 (3,942 Views)

Lag / Long Load Times / Save Game Bloat / Excess Townies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load the game and it takes far longer than it should on any loading screen, play in live mode for a few minutes and the lag is very noticeable
What happens when the bug occurs? Loading times have increased significantly, time stands still in live mode when pausing/unpausing, the UI lags when selecting items (takes the pie menu multiple seconds to display after clicking an object) or switching between sims, save file has been bloated, game is generating mass amounts of townies. Over 90% of my memory is being used when the game is running, it's using over 24GB of RAM.
What do you expect to see? Load times should be ~15 seconds but are currently around 3-4 minutes. The game should be pausing/unpausing instantly with no lag. I should be able to select items/objects with no lag. I should be able to switch between sims instantly. My save files should be much smaller. The game shoudn't be generating 100s of townies.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Cottage Living release

I have tried removing all of my mods/CC and the issue is exactly the same. When I realised the game was generating a huge amount of households (all seemingly empty/invisible) I spent hours removing them but the lag and save game bloat is still the same. The lag isn't as bad now since I removed all the excess households but it's still noticeable (it was completely unplayable before). Saving times have also increased significantly. 

I have uploaded a few of my saves here which includes a save from a few days ago which was much smaller in size compared to now, a save where the game was at its worst with 100s of empty households generated, a save after I removed all the excess households and had mods/cc removed and a save after I removed all the excess households and had mods/cc back in. 

Also added a screenshot of my memory usage when running TS4.

Message 15 of 413 (3,927 Views)

Re: Lag / Long Load Times / Save Game Bloat / Excess Townies

★ Guide

I've been having the same problem ever since installing Cottage Living. I tried deleting all the excess townies/empty households using MCCC's 'delete homeless sims' option, but it didn't reduce my save file size at all.

I even tried starting a new game entirely (with  MCCC as the only mod) and gameplay was mostly normal, but when I went to play again today, it was extremely laggy again. When I looked, there were once again hundreds of empty households generated by the game (and using MCCC to delete homeless sims once again didn't help the lag much), and the new save file is now as bloated as the old one was. As it is now, the game is pretty much unplayable.

Message 16 of 413 (3,894 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Same problem here. I play now with an old savegame. It is fine and I have no error. The problem ist only in Henford. In Glimmerbrook I have no problems. 

Message 17 of 413 (3,772 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

If anyone is seeing this with an empty Mods folder, would you be willing to share save files?  

If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 18 of 413 (3,734 Views)

Glitching

★★★ Newbie

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living, Get Famous, Snowy Escape, Discover University, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Get to work, Dream Home decorator, parenthood, Dine out, outdoor retreat, My first pet, laundry day, toddler pack, fitness pack, kids room pack, cool kitchen pack, and luxury party pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure how to answer this???
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims are constantly glitching.
What do you expect to see? For example: A sim may be hungry, I click on the fridge for them to eat. The walking to the fridge stays in the que and my sim does not move. Then 2 minutes later (real time, not sim time) they finally activate the movement of going to the fridge to eat. Once they eat, the hunger symbol does not increase. So my sim is still hungry after having them eat. After having them eat AGAIN, then it improves. My sims also glitch by me having them walk upstairs or walk to the bathroom, again me clicking on an object for them to move to, stays in the que for 2 minutes, and the sim will just stand there, then eventually will start to walk to the area i had wanted them to, but then i dont see them walk all the way there, it like glitches and then they just appear in that room or area i had wanted them to be in.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Sims had just did an update on July 26, 2021 and ever since that update, I have been having weird glitching issues. I put my description of what specific issues I have been having in the box above. Sims was running fine and I had no issues until this update. Please help!

Message 19 of 413 (2,341 Views)

Re: Glitching

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 413 (2,326 Views)