Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Game creating tons empty households/Save game bloat/Insane Lag

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? load a game with the new pack and patch, and play for a while until the game lags and glitches so much, you can't play. then check the unplayed housholds, and behold the thousands of blank households.
What happens when the bug occurs? game for some reason makes thousands of blank households, and it lags the heck out of the game.
What do you expect to see? the game to not make thousands of blank households.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the latest patch/installing Cottage Living.

after a while of playing the new pack, my sims save has gone suddenly to capacity and started lagging every 2 seconds and loading really slow. checked unplayed households and there are a LOT of random blank households! I currently have been manually deleting them for an hour, and have barely scratched the surface. this is honestly ridiculous. please tell me there is an easier way to do this? i know i can use MCCC to delete all unplayed housholds but I really would rather not, i don't want to delete actual household JUST these blank ones!.

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template, Adjusted title

Message 4 of 413 (19,547 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Loads of empty households

Hero

Is your game filling with empty households? We made a fix to clear the empty Households when loading the game.

Fixed in Patch 1.82.99/1.50

The Patch notes suggest that the game now deletes the empty households on loading the game. If this also means they shouldn't get created anymore in saves is unclear.

If you still experience issues with them being created or not properly deleted, create a new thread.

This is important to get a fresh me too count to see how many are still affected.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 413 of 413 (5,858 Views)

All Replies

Loads of empty households

★★★★ Novice

Hi guys!

I have a strange thing going on in my game. After getting Cottage Living I disabled all of my mods to play through the pack. 

After a full day of play, I noticed this: 

Empty households

The household manager is filled to the brink with empty households. I'm talking dozens and dozens of them, all unplayed households that are not in the world. I have no idea where they came from or why- they weren't there when I started the game. I don't know if it'll impact the game at some point, but it sure looks weird, so I figured I'd report it. 

Take care and happy simming! 

Message 1 of 413 (19,496 Views)

Champion

@MikageYimiki Did you also delete the localthumbcache.package from your \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder? I would advise you to do so. The game will automatically make a new one as soon as you restart it. Hope that will help.

Have fun playing. 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 2 of 413 (19,495 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Trismagistos I did not - thank you for the suggestion! I'll delete it and see if it no longer does it on a new save. Thank you for the help! 

Message 3 of 413 (19,487 Views)

Hero
@MikageYimiki Merged this with the bug report for now but not sure what's causing it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 413 (19,421 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I found a temp workaround for this, but not sure as of right now if it is permanent (as in if the game won't just make new unplayed households) nore if it fixed the lagging issue I was having, and what I bet you'll be having soon. but my solution was to use MCCC (new version for the patch) to "delete all culled sims". it deleted all the blank households for me! i will update much later when i play the game again and let everyone know if this fixed the lag and if the game generates more.

unfortunately, this did not fix the issue completely..... still got the lag, although it's not as bad. instead of being every few seconds, its like once every minute or so, but still REALLY suck. the lag in question, though, isn't a normal one. it's one where the in-game time stops and i can't click on anything or pause the game/fast forward. characters stand where they were and do idle animations until the time goes again.

and i just checked unplayed households again, and they are ALL back..... so yeah didn't fix anything.

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 6 of 413 (19,396 Views)

Cottage Living Freezing/Lag

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Nifty Knitting, Moschino, Fitness, Luxury Party, Journey to Batuu, and all the kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game in the Henford-On-Bagley map.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game gets slow and soon lags and freezes
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to play the game in the live mode, build/buy mode, and create sim without freezing and lag.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch/installing Cottage Living

Of course, theres always been lag in Sims 4 and I acknowledge that, but after installing Cottage Living, its unbearable. I've read other peoples questions about this and they have said they can use build/buy mode and create sim mode. I cant though which makes me really annoyed Frown. Within about 5-10 minutes, the game stops and pops up that spinning wheel of death. Ive tried to wait for the wheel to stop but its endless. please help!

Message 7 of 413 (14,086 Views)

Re: Cottage Living Freezing/Lag

Hero
@dvew723 Do you have lots of empty households in your household manager ? How big is your save game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 413 (14,061 Views)

Before the Pond-Patch I had MCCs cleaner running and it too deleted about 50 empty households on a regular basis, though those never showed up in Manage Households or the Hidden Households. Many of them had recurring names: For example the Mayor Whiskers household was always listed. Mayor Whiskers had been adopted in this save file, but apparently there still was a Mayor Whiskers household somewhere, that was generated time and time again. 

Message 9 of 413 (19,318 Views)

★★ Apprentice

how do i set up MCCC to do a clean up regularly?

Message 10 of 413 (19,315 Views)