Re: Can't visit aliens from scientist laboratory

by SimQARobo

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Error when travelling to Alien World

Hero
@AussiePlumbob Really bizarre. Maybe something corrupted on her or the lot that uncorrupted when you played on.

Let me know if it comes back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 32 (1,504 Views)

★★★ Novice

Will do. Thank you for trying to help Standard smile

Message 11 of 32 (1,481 Views)

Hero
@AussiePlumbob issues that self-resolve are my favorites :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 32 (1,470 Views)

Re: Error code 106:69b9523b:530fe64d when invited to Sixam

Hero
@ddaversa Merged an older thread into yours. I wasn't able to duplicate the issue the last time so could you send me your save as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 14 of 32 (1,429 Views)

Can't visit aliens from scientist laboratory

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Have a sim join the Scientist Career 2. Reach the top of the career 3. Have the daily task where you need to visit the alien world
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim enters the wormhole generator then an error message pops up saying the game failed to load (with an error code). The game is unplayable after that, reloading is needed.
What do you expect to see? Being able to complete the task and not having to reload every time I get the "Visit Alien World" task. (I can travel to Sixam with both the spaceship and the wormhole generator otherwise, the only time I have this problem is when it needs to be done from work so I suppose it has to do something with the work event.)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not sure if it helps but this is the message I get every time I attempt to start said random career task:

"The game failed to load. Error Code: 106:69b9523b:530fe64d. It is recommended that you relaunch the game." 

Message 15 of 32 (1,414 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @ashleena123 

Would you be willing to share your save files?  If so, please send me a private message with a link to the files. 

Instructions here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 16 of 32 (1,399 Views)

★★ Novice

@SimQARobo wrote:

Hello @ashleena123 

Would you be willing to share your save files?  If so, please send me a private message with a link to the files. 

Instructions here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

@crinrict @SimQARobo My sim's work day ended while I was trying to exit and re-enter the room. I'll keep playing and send the save the next time it happens.

Message 17 of 32 (1,379 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I just sent a note. If further details are needed, please let me know! Thank you again.

Message 18 of 32 (1,351 Views)
Highlighted

EA Sims Team

@ashleena123 

Thank you!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 19 of 32 (1,338 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I’m having this same problem. ONLY happens when going to the party from work as a scientist. When I get sent back to the manage worlds screen, I can choose to join the same sim I glitched on. It then goes to the alien world where there is no party but there are the job choices as if there is a party. Not able to complete the required job tasks.  Seems there are so many glitches everywhere since University. I have all packs and expansions with no mods or cc ever. 

Message 20 of 32 (1,316 Views)