Re: Potty Mouth Toilet: Humming Noise Wont Stop

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Potty Mouth Toilet: Humming Noise Wont Stop

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Confirmed: Tested it on the Brindelton Bay 50x50 lot on 5-27-19.  It is isolated to the (use & massage) option for "Grade School" aged characters (needed 2 tries of use before it happened).  The hum stayed even after deleting the toilet.  It did not happen using a high school aged character or an adult.  There were no upgrades applied to the toilet during this test.  Quitting and relaunching the game got rid of the hum.   This was tested without any mods/scripts loaded.  bb.moveobjects was used to insert the toilet in that cubby (see screenshots).

Message 31 of 36 (1,317 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Potty Mouth Toilet: Humming Noise Wont Stop

★★★ Newbie

@Nuke615 wrote:

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.44.88.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? most of them, I do not have seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play the game with a full house...it will eventually happen...I notice it if you save while someone is using that toilet
What happens when the bug occurs? humming noise continues after the sim is done using the unit
What do you expect to see? the humming to stop after the sim is done
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The Potty Mouth toilet makes a humming sound. It is the same sound that it makes after a sim is finished using the unit: but the humming continues when it should stop. Even if the Potty Mouth toilet is deleted in the build mode, the humming sound continues. Saving and exiting the game, then  reloading the lot fixed the issue. No folder has to be removed to fix this, just a complete exit and reload...but the stuck hum will eventually start again.

Same issue here but with XboxOne version. Only expansion/stuff I have are: city living, get to work, vampires, dine out, glamour stuff, romantic garden stuff, cool kitchen stuff, perfect patio stuff, luxury party stuff, holiday celebration pack and Grimm's ghoulish guitar. Selling pottymouth, placing a different toilet and resetting the game seemed to have fixed it for now.
Message 32 of 36 (1,297 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Oh this one’s a doozy. Get this: Talking John and Potty Mouth 2.0 toilets no longer play their sound on an endless loop when a child Sim runs the Use & Massage interaction, even after the toilet is destroyed. Bonus points to SimGuruJill for keeping a straight face writing that one.

Fixed in Patch 1.52.100 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 36 (5,015 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

gonna test it now Wink

The Potty Mouth sound issue seems fixed after the 6-16-19 update.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 34 of 36 (1,224 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Still happening On Xbox. Hopefully the fix gets ported to console.

Message 35 of 36 (1,180 Views)

Hero
@duchessoffish If it doesn't' get fixed on the next console patch, please make a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 36 (1,175 Views)