Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CL] Potty Mouth Toilet: Humming Noise Wont Stop

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.44.88.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? most of them, I do not have seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play the game with a full house...it will eventually happen...I notice it if you save while someone is using that toilet
What happens when the bug occurs? humming noise continues after the sim is done using the unit
What do you expect to see? the humming to stop after the sim is done
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The Potty Mouth toilet makes a humming sound. It is the same sound that it makes after a sim is finished using the unit: but the humming continues when it should stop. Even if the Potty Mouth toilet is deleted in the build mode, the humming sound continues. Saving and exiting the game, then  reloading the lot fixed the issue. No folder has to be removed to fix this, just a complete exit and reload...but the stuck hum will eventually start again.

Message 1 of 36 (7,484 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Potty Mouth Toilet: Humming Noise Wont Stop

[ Edited ]
Hero

Oh this one’s a doozy. Get this: Talking John and Potty Mouth 2.0 toilets no longer play their sound on an endless loop when a child Sim runs the Use & Massage interaction, even after the toilet is destroyed. Bonus points to SimGuruJill for keeping a straight face writing that one.

Fixed in Patch 1.52.100 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 33 of 36 (4,987 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Apprentice

I had the same thing happen and thought I was going crazy... In my circumstances, my sims were in the big Medina Studios apartment with Salim Benali as a neighbor. I installed 2 of the expensive talking toilets and played the game as usual.

After a pretty long time of playing the game, I started hearing a faint humming sound that drove me nuts and I isolated it to one region of their apartment (kind of on the border between my sim's apartment and Salim's). I exited the game and came back in, the noise was still there. I went into Salim's apartment to see if it was something he was doing but it disappeared. Sent my sim back home and it was still happening so I assumed it was the sprinkler system I installed in their home. Deleted it, noise was still there. Bulldozed the entire apartment, humming noise was still there. The only thing that seemed to fix it was deleting cache files and repairing the game with Origin.

I didn't know it was related to the toilets at all but it makes sense. This happened at a time when mods were disabled in my game since it had just been patched for Seasons. Idk if it helps but the noise got gradually louder and louder to the point where I started to hear it more than Sims talking to each other or the radio. It was also very isolated so if I moved to another side of the apartment it got quieter.

Message 2 of 36 (7,390 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

The sound is definitely a sound file for the Potty Mouth toilet.  I deleted the toilet and the sound was still coming from the exact same place that the toilet was once in.  The sound is the same sound the toilet makes when a person is finished sitting on it.  I did not have to repair the game to get this to be temporarily fixed...just had to reload the game after a complete exit

Message 3 of 36 (7,379 Views)

Hero
Does it matter which option you use ? You say you need a full household ? What's the reason for this ?

So far I'm not able to duplicate so the more details, the better.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 36 (7,354 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict, I don't know about the other person who experienced this but I definitely recall the household that the issue occurred in had 5-6 sims and a butler. They had two of the toilets and only one made the noise. It didn't happen right away either, it seemed like it must have been at least 20-30 days before the sound started up. It's really a confusing noise because it started so faintly, it almost sounded like the outside ambient city noises. Then very slowly it just kept creeping to a louder volume until I decided to make it stop. It must have been 2-3 saves later before I actually started getting annoyed by it. The toilet I used was on a border wall between apartments and not attached to the interior walls.

It did go away with a simple repair and deleting the cache file so I'm not too fussed by it personally. But I can see how someone who didn't think to do that would freak out at not being able to get rid of the sound...

Message 5 of 36 (7,325 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

OK. Thanks for the info.

Added as needs info for now to see if there's more people having this issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 36 (7,314 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

no Crin..this happens with the sims autonomy...if they use the toilet..the sound will eventually get stuck.  I have tested the features on that toilet, but it did not get stuck when I was doing that.  I experienced this with a full household.  Although 8 is recommended..with pets I had 11. I am going to build this toilet in another spot to see if this happens again.  BTW, the toilet was fully upgraded before the sound got stuck

Message 7 of 36 (7,290 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

see last post

Message 8 of 36 (7,257 Views)

Hero
OK Thanks for the extra info.

Could you maybe add that to your initial post ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 36 (7,246 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Don't know what is causing the humming, but it is a sound file for that toilet just before a sitting person is done using it...I did not do the last few upgrades mentioned earlier, and the humming started anyway...however, you only need to exit the game (you can save it too) and reload the game in order to fix it.  Once relaunching the game and loading the lot the humming should have stopped for a time (if not load the game again).

Message 10 of 36 (7,229 Views)