Re: [FEEDBACK] Sims cannot propose

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims 4

★★★ Newbie
My option to ask to be boyfriend/girlfriend is not working. I've tried both Sims, made sure neither of them are in any sort of romantic relationships with anyone else. They're lovers, soulmates, best friends, and they've promised to each other. I need to figure this out since both of their aspirations are to find their soulmate. Thanks for any help!
Message 351 of 415 (2,273 Views)

Re: Sims 4

Hero

Hi @HeavenSent345

it's a known bug. I've moved your thread in the existing but report.

Try making them just friends and then cheating/leveling the relationship back up

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 352 of 415 (2,260 Views)

Re: Sims 4

★★★ Newbie
Thanks so much! I'll definitely try that.
Message 353 of 415 (2,250 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims cannot propose

★★★ Novice

I had the same issue keep using the romance options after several  attempts the option is mo longer greyd out and you can do it.

I tried every option I could think of and nothing else worked but this.

Its the same for the girlfriend or engaged option.

Message 354 of 415 (2,220 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am having same issue.  My sim moved into the house while her mate was still married, convinced him to divorce, moved out the ex wife and now we cant get married because he is in her employ.  She has never had a job, ever, he has been  working in writing career before they met.  She is my creation, her betrothed is Braxton Sewell from the game.  I also noticed earlier that she cannot access books when she was trying to read to a child she had adopted as caregiver because she did not own the books; I don't remember the exact wording.  I have since moved all the children out of the house and I am trying to marry them in hopes to have access to reading to kids. Please fix this, she is desperate to have more kids Wink

Message 355 of 415 (2,202 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Please read my explanation at the top of page 35.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 356 of 415 (2,197 Views)

Hero

Your Sim should no longer get the Unable to Propose dialog when attempting to propose to Sims who are not employed by the proposing Sim.
  • Now if they don’t want to marry you, they’ll just tell ya.
    • “Oooh, I would totally marry you, but my job… yea. It’s crunch time, we got a deadline. Oh, and my boss, real hard a-yea don’t get me started. And, I gotta work Saturdays too. Maybe next time.”

I'm marking this for Feedback for the moment as we had multiple issues in this thread.

It remains to be seen if all are fixed.

Feedback welcome

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 357 of 415 (31,920 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Well it seems that it is testing time. I will see if I can test the promised issue tomorrow. The issue with prior romantic interests will take longer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 358 of 415 (2,148 Views)

★★ Guide
I'll work on it tonight.
Message 359 of 415 (2,139 Views)

★★ Guide
Looking good, Crin. I tried it unmodded and with mods. Tested three households 1) promised as teens 2) met as young adults and one adult couple. All work fine. No issues. Proposals and marriage went off without a hitch. Will they last? That remains to be seen 😈
Message 360 of 415 (2,126 Views)