Re: Sims cannot marry. Says one sim is employed by the other.

by TheChainedMan

Original Post

Re: Can't ask a sim to be boyfriend yet they were in a relationship.

★★★ Novice
I've used the cheat for +100 romance, sometimes they like eachother but then the bar goes red or blank and then they completely hate eachother! Why is this?
Message 171 of 415 (482 Views)

Hero

No idea

Try removing it completely (there's cheats for that on that site), then build it back up

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 172 of 415 (481 Views)

★★★ Novice
Ok, thank you so much for the help
Message 173 of 415 (479 Views)

Re: Sims 4; Sim can't propose

★★★ Newbie

same with me :,(

Message 174 of 415 (434 Views)

★★★ Novice

Couldn't be bothered to read through 18 pages to see if this was mentioned. However, I had this problem, and switching houses worked for me. I moved my sim from one house, do a different house, and then called the sim I wanted to marry over, and was able to propose just fine.

Message 175 of 415 (368 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@TheChainedMan wrote:

Couldn't be bothered to read through 18 pages to see if this was mentioned. However, I had this problem, and switching houses worked for me. I moved my sim from one house, do a different house, and then called the sim I wanted to marry over, and was able to propose just fine.

Hey thanks! I too couldn't be bothered to read through 18 pages, so I was happy to find the answer to the problem at the very last page. This did the trick for me! I moved my sim out of the household and called him over with my other sim and was able to elope. Right after eloping it automatically moved him back in. Thanks!

Message 176 of 415 (325 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That didn't help for me. Moved my whole household to another neighborhood (from Newcrest to Willow Creek) and tried to elope and it doesn't work for me.

Just disabled mods and went back into my household and same issue.

I created a new save, had the sims woo hoo and try for a baby several times. Got their relationship up to 100 and made sure propose was showing automatically and they were able to propose and elope.

The issue I'm having in the other save is eloping. I was able to propose just fine but eloping isn't working.

I decided to save my household to the gallery (as well as the lot) and try to elope again in a new save and it worked fine now.

So, if nothing else is working, you guys could try a new save.

Message 177 of 415 (308 Views)

Sims 4 - Unable to Propose

★★★ Novice

Hello! 

So, I had two teenagers who fell in love, went on multiple dates, and became girlfriend/girlfriend. One of them grew up before the other and everything was fine. I knew they would be unable to continue their romantic relationship because of the age difference but the issue continued into young adulthood. Now both of them are young adults and live in the same household. They can woohoo, kiss, whisper seductively and everything else but they still list themselves as single. I am unable to make one ask the other to be her girlfriend, and am unable to make them propose to each other. They also ask eachother if they are single and everytime they say they are. In the relationships in the bottom right they say they are Soulmates, Best Friends, and Promised. They are full on the friendship and romance bars (that appear at the top when they speak to one another)

I tried restarting the game and it didn't work. I do have custom content and mods enabled, but I have never had issues with proposing before.

I also added a screenshot in case I didn't explain something right.

Please help!

Message 178 of 415 (288 Views)

Re: Relationships

★★★ Novice

This worked for me. I had a serial relationship sim who was currently dating 6 other sims. Broke up with all of them - problem solved!

Message 179 of 415 (294 Views)

Re: Sims can't Propose

★★★ Newbie
The Thread might be a little old now, but I think I've found a fast solution! I had the same issue with my teens being promised and then growing up. I had sim A ask sim B to just be friends, and they used the modifyrelationship cheat to gain back their romantic feelings, and then I was able to get them together without any issues.
Message 180 of 415 (277 Views)