Re: Sims 4 crashes my computer and nothing helps

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★★★★ Novice
Message 21 of 26 (434 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Ydoumakemesuffer  I apologize for the delay; I ran into something I'm not quite sure how to interpret.  I can definitely see why your game is crashing, or at least the immediate  cause: your processor is constantly throttling all the way down to its idle clock speed, revving back up only to slow again, until the log ends.  While this is fairly obvious, what I'm not sure about is why.  So I was planning to ask for a second opinion, but I haven't had the chance yet.  I will let you know when that happens.

In the interim, could you let me know what power supply your computer has?  It may or may not be related, but the question is worth asking.  If you're not sure, you can just physically look at it—you'll know where it is by where you plug in the power cable.  Let me know the manufacturer, wattage, and rating; or just take a photo of the label.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 22 of 26 (404 Views)

@puzzlezaddict  Thanks for Tagging.

@Ydoumakemesuffer 

Puzzle is right, your CPU is reaching his C0 state (The only state it actually execute operations.) for not even 50% of the time after you started the game.

(If you started it around minute 4:20, what I assume.)

There is an interesting error in you DxDiag, so let start with that. 

• Press the Windows key. - Write "services" (without the quotes)Click on "Services" in the search results.
  • Search for "LightingService" in the list.
  • Right click the "LightingService" > Properties > Startup Typ > Chang to "Disabled".
  • Service status (beneath) > Click on "Stop".
  • Apply! (OK).
  • Restart the PC > Test.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 23 of 26 (383 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I'll check this!
@holger1405 I tried that already as @crinrict suggested.

btw, thank you all for doing so much to help me! I really appreciate it Standard smile
Message 24 of 26 (361 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict @holger1405 @crinrict
Problem solved! My dad changed the video card while I wasn't home (for other reasons) and now the game seems to run smoothly without crashing or freezing!

Thank you for helping me! <3
Message 25 of 26 (930 Views)

Hero
@Ydoumakemesuffer How nice of your dad.

Glad it's working now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 26 (321 Views)