Sims 4 A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

by Blondie2810

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

★ Novice

I have very recently downloaded Sims 4 which worked for 2 hours. I saved came out of the game, however now when I try to play the game I get the following message "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." I have reinstalled the game many times and also reinstalled Origin, however it is still not working. I have tried the game in different compatibility modes, however I get the same response each time. Please help as this has been happening since Sunday 

Message 1 of 18 (4,200 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

Hero

It's an audio software by Nahimic that's running in the background on your computer.

I don't use it myself so I'm not exactly sure but you should be able to disable it while running the game.Try clicking in the little arrow in your task bar and check if you have anything like that there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 6 of 18 (5,765 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @Blondie2810

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (4,176 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks crin, attached

Message 3 of 18 (4,171 Views)

Hero

You have an error with this dll: Nahimic2OSD.dll

I believe that's some Audiosoftware that comes with certain cards/computer models 

Check what Sound software you have and disable while playing.

Also make sure your game runs on the card and not the chip

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 18 (4,161 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you,

What is a dll?

Not sure how to do any of your fixes?

Message 5 of 18 (4,155 Views)

Hero

It's an audio software by Nahimic that's running in the background on your computer.

I don't use it myself so I'm not exactly sure but you should be able to disable it while running the game.Try clicking in the little arrow in your task bar and check if you have anything like that there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 18 (5,766 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Blondie2810 The Nahimic audio system is like a mixer that adds effects to the audio - only problem it crashes causing problems with the audio. Disabling the Nahimic driver seems to fix the problem. This issue has been talked about in the ASUS forums (who also have the problem). I see your using a 128Gb ssd for your system drive. I think I've posted enough about the cons for that configuration. Most average consumers don't know how to manage this setup. I'll start with no one (that I know) would recommend running a game that writes a lot of temp files and other files in the course of the game running to install this game on a ssd. There is a max write spec on ALL ssds - I think this is pointed out for a good reason (maybe). If you have to off load parts (or all) of your data to a conventional hard drive you loose the advantage of using a ssd in the first place. The only gain you get is program load times. When I have 2 WD black drives in raid 0 I can't even top off my beer in the amount of time saved. Hey - whatever floats the boat.

Message 7 of 18 (4,136 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks everyone, it has worked. I found the software within my search bar and uninstalled which fixed the problem instantly

Message 8 of 18 (4,127 Views)

Hero

Glad to hear. Enjoy the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 18 (4,112 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

how do you disable nahmic?

Message 10 of 18 (4,024 Views)