Re: How to connect Twitter to The Sims 4?

by ShinuKasumi

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi! I actually have mine working. You need to download the twitter app from what I have noticed. Before I downloaded that my Sims didn't work with twitter. Now, I am able to upload stuff via the in-game feature. 

Message 11 of 20 (1,573 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I was unable to log in to Twitter in Sims4 too (said invalid account or password). Yet I could log into Twitter directly.  Just read somewhere that you need to get rid of any symbols or punctuation in your Twitter password to correct this problem.  I tested it and it solved the problem.  So this is another way to make it work. Standard smile

Message 12 of 20 (1,553 Views)

★★★ Novice
" Just read somewhere that you need to get rid of any symbols or punctuation in your Twitter password to correct this problem."

So in this case it means i need to get a password which every idiot can hack? Only because the developer can't or won't program Sims 4 so it is working with symbols or or punctuation in the Twitter password.

Funfact about this is that the EA/Origin password can have symbols and/or punctuation O_o
Message 13 of 20 (1,519 Views)

Hero
My twitter password has lots of special symbols and I have no issues connecting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 20 (1,490 Views)

★★ Novice

Looks, this issue is still going on. I refuse to change my password due to bad input validation design.

No thank you, I won't be getting hacked.

Message 15 of 20 (1,327 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@kemionline I pressed me too, but I managed to fix the "service unavailable" by unchecking "online features" and checking again. But I keep getting "username/password incorrect" and receiving an e-mail that i'm logged in :') Seeing that the threat is still active and a reply not so long ago, I replied to this post
Message 16 of 20 (1,278 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
"@DayDreamer0215 Hi! I actually have mine working. You need to download the twitter app from what I have noticed. Before I downloaded that my Sims didn't work with twitter. Now, I am able to upload stuff via the in-game feature. "

This helped!!!
Message 17 of 20 (1,277 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I am having this problem since I switched from origin to the EA app and since the sims have their new way to connect to the Gallery

These are the things I tried an checked but I still get Invalid username or password

• Remove all symbols or punctuation
  • Download the twitter app
  • Disconnect and reconnect in het game options
  • Triple check my username and password
  • Firewall allows EA to connect
Message 18 of 20 (915 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@bloeme me too, no way to connect...and I tried every single step suggested here...so disappointed...
Message 19 of 20 (552 Views)

@shanny_g4ming  and anyone else reading, for current issues connecting with Twitter, please use this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Twitter-login-Username-or-Password-invalid/td-p/7166651

Since this thread is somewhat old, I'll lock it here.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 20 of 20 (539 Views)