How can I backup custom content?

by awkwardcheez

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How can I backup custom content?

★★★ Novice

Is there some way I can backup my saved custom content. When I use the create-a-style tool to customize objects and patterns, I click the button to save them for future use. Is there a folder somewhere that these are saved? If so, are patterns and objects together, or in separate folders? I copied my "Saves" (saved games) folder for backup because I upgraded from Windows Vista to 7. After reinstalling the game and moving my Saves folder back, I discovered that none of my custom content was saved. I still had all the objects themselves, but when I entered create-a-style mode, anything I had customized was no longer saved. I had to go through the house and click on everything I had customized and resave. Is there some way I can backup all of this content in case I ever need to reinstall again?

Message 1 of 3 (1,474 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How can I backup custom content?

Hero

Those are in a file called userpreset.package

Here's an explanation of most of the user files and folders: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,693 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Those are in a file called userpreset.package

Here's an explanation of most of the user files and folders: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (1,694 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks!

Message 3 of 3 (1,465 Views)