Re: Error Message

by danielcschwartz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error Message

★★★ Novice

I just shifted my Sim family to Starlight Shores and sometimes, when I try to save the game, it appears: Error 12. I saw on the ReadMe that it means an Sim World error. What do I do???

Thanks in advance, Daniel.

Message 1 of 5 (219 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

Oh, shame. Sorry and I hate to tell you this, Daniel, but... There isn't really anything you can actually do about Error Code 12.

I had it and well, to say the least: I had to reinstall all my games and stop playing all my saves which I had gotten really attached to. EA seriously stuffed this whole thing up. If you want you can view my post on this problem by searching Error Code 12 in the search bar. (It's the one by me - Girl007Fisher)

Also in your save files you might see BAD files (I did). You want to delete them immediately!

Look, I hope everything works out okay and please just move (if you have) your other saves (ones that haven't gotten the Error Code 12 yet) to a safe location so that should the inevitable happen - you've got some relics of the past. 

Really hope everything goes well for you and you don't have the same level of seriousness with this as I did.

Girl007Fisher.

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (238 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Error 12 is an out of memory error. 

Read all about it here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Save-Errors-Error-12-13-15-16/td-p/652/jump-to/first-unread-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (217 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Oh, shame. Sorry and I hate to tell you this, Daniel, but... There isn't really anything you can actually do about Error Code 12.

I had it and well, to say the least: I had to reinstall all my games and stop playing all my saves which I had gotten really attached to. EA seriously stuffed this whole thing up. If you want you can view my post on this problem by searching Error Code 12 in the search bar. (It's the one by me - Girl007Fisher)

Also in your save files you might see BAD files (I did). You want to delete them immediately!

Look, I hope everything works out okay and please just move (if you have) your other saves (ones that haven't gotten the Error Code 12 yet) to a safe location so that should the inevitable happen - you've got some relics of the past. 

Really hope everything goes well for you and you don't have the same level of seriousness with this as I did.

Girl007Fisher.

Message 3 of 5 (239 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

I just continued playing The Sims 3 normally with my saved game and the Error Code 12 stopped appearing.

Message 4 of 5 (197 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Lucky fish!!!! Have a great time playing and enjoying the Sims 3! :catlol:

Message 5 of 5 (193 Views)