Re: Game crashing, sims unresponsive.

by Rachelharris31

Original Post

Game crashing, sims unresponsive.

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Fully updated
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs, jungle Adventure, parents , spooky, perfect patio, outdoor Retreat, realm of magic, Toddler stuff, holiday celebration pack And Grimsby wish guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure,
What happens when the bug occurs? Both of the Sims were out of the house at local park one was sent back all the other around fishing when we went back to the house the Sim was still outside unable to go in when we tried to select things inside for her to do the game crashed and booted us out. This happens 5-6 times before we had to revert to a previous save. Tried resetting the sim for the autosave and it’s just cause the system to crash again. I have also had an issue where the sims are not responding to commands they just stand there between 2-8 minutes. Similar to this my sims have been starting tasks for example getting and paying for food out of the fridge, then they are unable to go past this stage when selecting Resume cooking nothing happens the icon on the left hand side shows up greyed out and then is unable to slide down in the the active task sections. This has also happens when painting allowing the canvas to be purchased and placed on the easel within the activities immediately stopped and when resume painting is selected the Sim is unable to engage.
What do you expect to see? I expect the game not to crash when playing the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Game crashing, sims unresponsive.

Message 1 of 6 (315 Views)

Hero
@hutters5055 Moving this to the console tech forum for troubleshooting help

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (271 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok thanks Standard smile

Message 3 of 6 (249 Views)

★★★ Pro

Just out of curiosity are you connected to the internet when you play the game.

Message 4 of 6 (247 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Rachelharris31 I would assume so my PS4 is always connected to the internet
Message 5 of 6 (210 Views)

Message 6 of 6 (200 Views)