Re: sims game crashing after downloading mods?

by DegeraSara

Original Post

sims game crashing after downloading mods?

★★★ Newbie
so, i had gotten my sims 4 game and the same day i downloaded some mods. i checked to see if they worked, and they did, so i continued. i downloaded mods from my other folder, the mods i previously had. when i launched the game, it froze at "the sims 4" and i would have to restart my laptop everytime. once i uninstalled then reinstalled it, the game said it had mods disabled because it wasnt functioning correctly with the update but they were working fine before? help me please, i haven't even gotten to actually play the game yet because of this
Message 1 of 4 (160 Views)

Hero

Did you remove those mods now ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (154 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i didn't know which mods were broken, so i just deleted the whole folder and made a new one. but now im not sure how to put my resource.cfg file in

Message 3 of 4 (149 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi!  If you don't have anything in the mods folder, just delete it and start the game.  The game will build a new mods folder including a resource.cfg file. 

Message 4 of 4 (145 Views)