by crinrict

Original Post

[Unable to open Farmer Veggie and Herb seed packets

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Purchase 2 "Farmer Veggies And Herbs" seeds while sim is fishing, pause game, go to exit game and use option to 'save and quit'. Turn game back on, start up from save.
What happens when the bug occurs? Farmer Veggies And Herbs seed packets can't be opened in inventory, and when purchased (from sim's computer or gardening box) the number doesn't reflect how many were bought (after initial save, which was 2) though money is still taken and message still appears in corner for purchase. The 2-item stack can be opened to show individual packets but no options open up when packets are clicked on, such as the "Open Seed Packet". Cursor doesn't change to 'interaction cursor' when hovering over only the "Farmer Veggies and Herbs" seed packets in sim's inventory. The "Farmer Veggies and Herbs" packets can't be moved, dropped, or sold from the sim's inventory.
What do you expect to see? I see the cursor change to 'interaction cursor' with the hand and gear symbol when hovering over the Farmer Veggies And Herbs seed packets in sim's inventory, given the option to 'open seed packet' when clicking on seed packets, and herbs/vegetables dispersed into inventory for planting.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When hitting the 'update' button for Sims 4 on Origin it says it is currently up to date. I only have one sim who has gardening up high enough to purchase the 'Farmer' seed packets so I am unable to test this on other sims at the moment. The version of windows I am running is Windows 7 Service Pack 1, with the 64-bit operating system (if that makes a difference).

Message 1 of 5 (1,350 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Unable to open Farmer Veggie and Herb seed packets

Hero

Bumping as I haven't had time to test.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (1,294 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Kibaness

Would you be happy to share your save as per the instructions here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/60653...

Message 3 of 5 (1,270 Views)

Hero

Hi @Kibaness

have you been able to upload a save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (1,214 Views)

Re: Unable to open Farmer Veggie and Herb seed packets

Hero

Moved this to general as there was no feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (1,153 Views)