Re: The sims 4 has stopped working on sims 4 same problem since sims 3!

by crinrict

Original Post

The sims 4 has stopped working on sims 4 same problem since sims 3!

★★ Novice

Ive had this same problem since the sims 3. I have no idea what it is but at any random point my game just crashes and says "the sims 4 has stopped working" I tried a number of things like deleting CAS files and loads of other things.. Ive no idea what it is because my computer is built for the sims and More.  A few months ago when the sims 4 first came out I was on to one of your engineers in the live chat. Nothing really worked. I assumed the new expansion would HOPEFULLY solve it. No luck. This problem just turns me off playing the game and any other to be honest. 

Message 1 of 7 (342 Views)

Can you share a DXDiag with us?

To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, please follow the steps below:

1.  Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
2.  You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
3.  Type dxdiag in the text field
4.  Click OK
5.  If your computer has a 64-bit version of Windows, click the button Run 64-bit DXDIAG (see screenshot below)
6.  If your computer has a 32-bit version of Windows, that button will not be available

64-bit Users will notice the "Run 64-bit DxDiag" button in the bottom-left next to "Help" and should click it once it becomes available.  32-bit Users will not have this as a visible option.

Once you have an open DXDIAG report, there are several pieces of information that are especially helpful in pinpointing the cause of game performance issues:

• The main page of the DXIDAG is the System tab. On the System tab, make a note of what is written next to Operating System, Processor, and Memory. Those three pieces of information are the key components of the System tab.

• Next, click on the Display tab. On the Display tab (seen in the screenshot below) please note the information written next to the word Name. Finally, on the right-hand side of the Display tab is a Drivers heading. Please note what is written next to the word Date.

If you have any trouble reading the DXDIAG file yourself, you can save all the DXDIAG info as a text file and send it to an EA advisor for more assistance.

7.  Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
8.  Save this text file to your Desktop if possible, then go to hastebin.com and copy the contents of the file.
9. Give us the link of the paste in a reply to this thread. :womanhappy:

(Source of message: 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 7 (338 Views)

★★ Novice

Its a 32bit version. What do i do with that version. 

Message 3 of 7 (325 Views)

file:///C:/Users/Ash/Desktop/4%20sims.png

★★ Novice

Message 4 of 7 (321 Views)

Re: file:///C:/Users/Ash/Desktop/4%20sims.png

Hero

You need to click the save all button which will create a text file.

Open that text file and copy the content to hastebin.com or pastebin.com and then put the link here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (309 Views)

Re: file:///C:/Users/Ash/Desktop/4%20sims.png

Message 6 of 7 (303 Views)

Hero

You have have a good computer but not the OS to match it.

I would recommend updating to a 64 bit OS.

Also try updating your graphics drivers.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (291 Views)