Re: Game Crashes Ever Since November 12 patch

by crinrict

Original Post

★ Novice

So I had this problem too ever since the update. I did some digging and my main source of CC, Peacemaker issued a post that said people reported slotting issues with his bookcases. So I just removed all CC bookcases from my game it works perfectly now. I assume there will be a batch fix from S4S at some point since certain showers and tubs are disappearing also. Hope this helps other CC users!!

Message 21 of 32 (1,319 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict my game crashes as soon as I try to play it from origin, I've removed my entire mods folder (which only had cc in it and cc is turned off in game anyway) I click play, the sims window comes up but its blank, i get the spinning rainbow wheel then my whole laptop crashes. I'm on mac
Message 22 of 32 (1,282 Views)

Hero

Everyone on Mac, please post in the Mac forum.

There's a lot of issues on Mac right now but there's a dedicated forum with Mac people that can help you.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/bd-p/The-Sims-Mac

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 32 (1,273 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi

My game crashes within seconds of going into a household.

I've repaired my game twice. I've deleted all mods. I've unticked the option to play without mods. It still isn't working, what can I do? 

Also Mac User.

Message 24 of 32 (1,253 Views)

Hero
@MarnieLuna Please see my post above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 32 (1,240 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@LeisaTheGreatI've also got the same problems. I've updates all my mods: [Removed - CM]. and nothing is working. My game loads, lets me pick a household, begins loading, and crashes. I'm on PC through Origin. Have also repaired game in origin three times

EA_Blueberry: Removed mod names

Message 26 of 32 (1,215 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@ilovefig13 Same. I really don’t think this is a computer problem either I think there’s just a bug in the new update
Message 27 of 32 (1,206 Views)

Hero

Here's a list of outdated mods: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/968717/broken-updated-mods-cc-university-edition

CC Objects with too many slots now seem to crash the game, make sure to update/remove those as well

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 32 (1,075 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes I’ve been having the same issues everyone else has had, and I’ve been cleaning out my cc and have done and added and removed cc and it seems to be the game itself after it’s update and university game pack coming out; could be a bug. I can’t play and it keeps crashing whenever I go into a family to play. 

Message 29 of 32 (640 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have to update and notice that all my cc hair is gone, like i get the message that it’s not allowed to be used when I get into a loading household and it’s with every household. I mean I have them in my cc, I think, and now there not there anymore. I just feel like it was deleted while I was figuring out what cc wasnt working....idk I think I’m going crazy because this update is messing everything up. I hope I get some updated info about them fixing it. Frown 

Message 30 of 32 (510 Views)