Shadowy Box Glitch Sims 4

by Ryguy2707

Original Post

Re: Sim Shadow

★★ Guide
@marcelle_evans Like all the graphics settings, this just impacts how much processing time goes into certain types of effects. What we seem to be noticing here is that some of the graphics settings are, in certain situations, triggering graphics flaws on some GPUs. The best I can offer here is "try it." Just take a few minutes and might fix your problem.
Message 21 of 110 (12,478 Views)

★ Apprentice

@marcelle_evans As far as I can tell, turning off SSAO simply fixes the problem, with no other side effects. 

Message 22 of 110 (12,464 Views)

(Solved) Black squares under all sims?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look at sims walking around in rooms (guessing though that this is only a problem on mac?)
What happens when the bug occurs? Large black squares under all sims in rooms
What do you expect to see? No marks under the sims
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Whenever sims are in a room (at home or in a community lot), there is a large black square underneath them. When walking around campus (playing at Foxbury) or outside, there are no marks, nor when I delete the floors (making it not technically a room). I've tried repairing my game and nothing happened, checked other save files and it's happening everywhere, and deleted my CC, and nothing has worked so far.

Wasn't happening after the patch, but was as soon as I installed university.

Message 23 of 110 (12,495 Views)

@marcelle_evans

No it won’t affect other shadows but it does also clear up other shadow glitches in the game like object shadows not displaying correctly. A good example is the decorated Christmas tree, it has a boxy outline around some of the decorations. Have a look and then disable the SSAO to compare Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 24 of 110 (12,454 Views)

Re: Black squares under all sims?

★★★★ Pro

I think you can find and extensive trouble shooting for this shadow bug under bluebellflora.com. It was also reposted by Simguru Nick on Twitter.

Message 25 of 110 (12,482 Views)

★★ Novice
@alanmichael1 Thank you! All gone!
Message 26 of 110 (12,470 Views)

Hero
@JPWW16 I merged your post with the master thread on this

Thanks @alanmichael1 for helping out.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 110 (12,446 Views)

Black box underneath sim

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? I can’t find it but the update took place on November 12
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: seasons, get famous, get to work, cats and dogs, island living Game packs: jungle adventure, parenthood, vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I’m not sure but I talked to someone from EA and he said that 6-9 people had also had this issue yesterday so apparently EA is working on it quickly but I just wanted to report it too
What happens when the bug occurs? A black box appears underneath my sims feet when they are indoors (anywhere-home or public lots) but goes away outdoors. It affects my dogs and other sims that enter my house. The black glitchy box appears for 3 minutes then disappears for ten seconds then appears again and it’s really annoying. This wasn’t a problem until I downloaded the latest update released
What do you expect to see? I expect to NOT see a black box underneath my sims anywhere.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It is the latest update that was released November 12,2019. This problem has only occurred after I downloaded this patch

Look up for information 

Message 28 of 110 (12,406 Views)

Re: Shadowy Box Glitch Sims 4

@addisonc_37  I've merged your post with the master thread on this issue.  Please see the accepted solution on page 1 for a fix.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 29 of 110 (12,398 Views)

black box appearing under sims in the sims 4

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi everyone - so I'm having an issue with my sims, when they walk inside a black box (it looks like a shadow) appears underneath them when they're inside a house. However, outside the box disappears. I've tried deleting downloadcache, making new worlds, reinstalling origin and deleting mods but none of these have worked so far so if anyone has any idea how I can fix this it would be great.

Message 30 of 110 (12,377 Views)