by Westoven52

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sim loses value of old house when moving

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.103.250.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get to work, get together, city living, cats & dogs, seasons, get famous, island living, discover university, eco lifestyle, snowy escape, cottage cheese, outdoor retreat, spa day, dine out, vampires, parenthood, jungle adventure, strangerville, realm of magic, star wars, dream decorator, luxury party, perfect patio, cool kitchen, spooky, movie hangout, romantic garden, kids room, backyard, vintage glamour, bowling night, fitness, laundry day, my first pet, mosquinto, tiny living, nifty knitting, paranormal
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim household move from one residential house lot to an unfurnished residential house lot & make note of household funds, value of sold lot and value of new lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Manually move all furniture into household inventory, have sim move from the now empty residential house (not a rental or an apartment) to another unfurnished residential house. The dialog "(simname) household is moving" shows the correct adjustment to family funds for the sold house, but after the lot loads at the new home the household funds are reduced by the value of the old house. Example: sim has $15,000 cash, old house value $5,000, new house costs $6,000. Moving dialog says sim has $20,000 in funds. Upon arrival, sim has $9,000 cash when it should have $14,000.
What do you expect to see? Household funds should reflect the sale of the old house.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Pre-"4 Rent" patch 12/5/2023. Do not own the new EP. Error happens with a new household (1 single sim) & save file created after the patch. I've toggled the "opt out of fame" for Get Famous off after reading that this was interfering with bartenders spawning at community lots. The sink assignment feature still works but the autonomous phone use is still there & sims want to shower constantly.

I've toggled the "opt out of fame" for Get Famous off after reading that this was interfering with bartenders spawning at community lots. The sink assignment feature still works but the autonomous phone use is still there & sims want to shower constantly.

Message 1 of 3 (407 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim loses value of old house when moving

Hero
@Westoven52 I gave this a short test and after moving I ended up with the correct amount.

Can you duplicate the issue with a new save where you didn't make any changes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (365 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Westoven52 I gave this a short test and after moving I ended up with the correct amount.

Can you duplicate the issue with a new save where you didn't make any changes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (366 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks, Crinrict, I tried a new sim and also failed to replicate this; I repeated the steps of the sim starting at 1313 21 Chic Street furnished apartment in San Myshuno, keeping the furniture when moving to empty lot at Dashchund's Creek in Brindleton Bay, rezoning it to Tiny Home and building there, buying 2 sconces and an outdoor shower, and then moving to another tiny house that I'd built on the Streamlet Single lot in Willow Creek, money tracked okay for both moves though I'm puzzled by the value of the apartment's furniture. I know it's supposed to depreciate by 15%, except for the "art" posters that the apartment has? The test sim got hit by lightning at Dashchund's Creek, maybe that straightened him out! But more likely I need moar rams, my laptop has 8GB. Meanwhile I've started a new sim since the error and didn't keep the old saves. So, as Emily Litella would say, "Never mind!" Or at least not until the next "funny" thing happens in the game.

Not related to this but observations regarding the new replaceable windows etc. in the new pack/patch: I revisited the empty Chic Street apartment in Manage Worlds and the furniture was gone but the walls and doors etc. were still there. I often start a sim in this lot but bulldoze the interior first (didn't during the error game and test game) which removes partitions and floor surfaces but not the paint on the perimeter wall. Now bulldozing the apartment still leaves the the paint but removes the windows. Applying the "drywall" texture to the interior walls is worth $92; that was available before the patch. I can also apply drywall to the exterior perimeter for $280 now, I might remember to exploit this next time a sim moves out from there. I don't have 4 Rent so I don't know if that exploit will work in the newer apartments. I live in condos or apartments IRL and have never tried to keep the carpet or stucco when I move.

Message 3 of 3 (346 Views)