Plant objects setting on fire

by michaylavn

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [FR] Objects randomly catch on fire after solved cursed book event

Hero
@pacesign Please read the post by @LadyXelda above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 71 of 98 (416 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [FR] Objects randomly catch on fire after solved cursed book event

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict

I edited my post with more details that should hopefully answer every question (and more...)

I hope it's sufficient now.

Message 72 of 98 (344 Views)

Plant objects setting on fire

★ Novice

My lot is a rental lot, and has the homey lot trait and good schools lot trait. It is a lot in growing together. My plant objects keep setting on fire, no candles or fireplaces or ovens or ANY appliances are near them, has happened to floor plants, table plants, even a wall plant and they just all of a sudden set on fire. 4 have started whilst I’ve been playing, and have only been playing for an hour and half. 

plant just combusts and then is left in a ash pile. 

Message 73 of 98 (400 Views)

Re: Plant objects setting on fire

Champion (Retired)

@michaylavn 

Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game in a new save.
If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 74 of 98 (383 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, Thankyou for your suggestion. 

My game has no mods or CC downloaded and I do not play with them, so don’t think it has to do with mods or CC. 

Message 75 of 98 (352 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@michaylavn 

Try doing a factory reset as described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 76 of 98 (346 Views)

@michaylavn  Did you ever have the Cursed Book event on this lot?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 77 of 98 (330 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have had it once but it happened a while before the cursed book event happened and also after. 

Message 78 of 98 (316 Views)

@michaylavn  I was asking because I wondered if you had this issue:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-FR-Objects-randomly-catch-on-fire-after-solved-cursed-boo...

If you think so, let me know, and I can merge your posts with that thread.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 79 of 98 (304 Views)

Fires everyday on random objects/no fear of fire

★★★ Newbie

Does anyone else have the issue where there are fires everyday in game? A fire will randomly start without any type of trigger from use in game. The fire will start on random objects such as a the shower, table, bed etc. I was told to fix it that I should cure the "fear of fire" for all sims in the household. I have done that and nothing has changed. I have restarted the game several times. I am unsure how to fix this and find it very annoying. 

Message 80 of 98 (306 Views)