by MelanieScribbles

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Woo-hoo interaction shows up, but the action in the queue doesn't

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, Vampires, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? With two sims with high enough relationship bar on both friendship and romance, click on a reachable two-person bed. The interaction to Woo-Hoo will show up there, but not in the Romantic Socials. The bed interaction is still clickable as normal.
What happens when the bug occurs? After clicking the bed interaction for Woo-Hoo, the Sims will start a chat as usual. But the neccesary interaction or follow-up actions action won't show up in either Sims's action queue. One Sim won't even do the animation to ask the other. They will chat as normal, though.
What do you expect to see? The selected Sim doing the animation to ask the other Sim in the household, the animations to show that the interaction was sucessful, the Woo-Hoo interaction itself, and the two Sims falling asleep.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Okay, so I thought this may have been an issue with the mods I was using, but it kept being an issue even after I turned off mods alltogether. So I decided to post this anyway.

So I have two Sims with high enough relationship bars to Woo-Hoo. Both green and pink, they're currently at Soulmates which should definitely be high enough. But the interaction to initiate it wasn't showing up under the Romantic socials. However, it was showing up on the two-person bed the couple has, so I decided to click that. I noticed that the neccesary actions completely didn't appear in the queue, and that's where I noticed that this wasn't a thing included in the new patch. 

The couple lives in one of my own builds, which uses no cheats or mods. It's fully playtested, and my Sims have no trouble reaching any furniture, including the bed. So with the usual suspects ruled out, it was time to poke around the forums with issues similar to mine. There were a few threads dedicated to Woo-Hoo glitches and bugs in particular, but none where the action completely didn't show up after clicking the interaction. So I just tried some solutions of my own. Lucky for me, the glitch seems to be contained to just these two. So glad it's not a complete gamebreaker, but it's still an annoying one.

Here's what I tried to solve this bug with so far:

-Bounced between Manage Worlds and back to the household (usually works for me on bugs similar to this one)

-Made sure the bed was reachable (even placed a floor mirror which could possibly be blocking it in the household inventory).

-Bounced between one of my other played households, which is completely not on the couple's family tree or relationship list, and back to the couple.

-Quickly made a second couple in CAS without any modded content, and moved them into a base Maxis home (Rindle Rose) to see if anything else was glitched. They didn't have the issue at all.

-Removed all modded content from the glitched couple with the Change Sim interaction on the floor mirror after ruling it out as the culprit. I painstakingly went through every category for every outfit to make absolutely sure there was zero mods on these two.

-Turned off mods alltogether (script and non-script ones), and went to managed worlds real quick before returning to the glitched household.

-Completely restarted the game, and checked on the now non-modded glitched couple. The issue is still there.

Here's a few screenshots:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjggWjuIkV-2lhZ1B9XVBOpHC63U

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjggWjuIkV-2lhDIoMSAVrPqGo7a

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjggWjuIkV-2lhJCbTw2uhL7oRJN

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjggWjuIkV-2lhV88iHKVmZ8DXFT

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjggWjuIkV-2lhdBnNR2O0xnB59J

The file sizes were too big to upload normally, but I still wanted to include them to be as complete about the info on this bug as possible.

I'm really hoping someone found a workaround or a solution for this, because boy is this an annoying one. I was really enjoying playing these two, but this bug was a real buzzkill in my game session. Thanks for taking the time to read this long post Standard smile

Message 1 of 5 (3,586 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Woo-hoo interaction shows up, but the action in the queue doesn't

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @MelanieScribbles

did you test the same couple in a fresh save (bit unclear on that) ? There are instances where the interaction just doesn't appear on the Sims for whatever reason but then usually the bed one works without issues so yours seems to be a bit different.

If so, did you upload them to the gallery so I can try recreate this ?

Please also try the suggestions above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (3,475 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hi @MelanieScribbles

Have you tried repairing the game in Origin? Does this issue occur in other save games or just that one?

Mods can corrupt specific savegames sometimes. 

Thanks for your report!

Message 2 of 5 (3,532 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @MelanieScribbles

did you test the same couple in a fresh save (bit unclear on that) ? There are instances where the interaction just doesn't appear on the Sims for whatever reason but then usually the bed one works without issues so yours seems to be a bit different.

If so, did you upload them to the gallery so I can try recreate this ?

Please also try the suggestions above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (3,476 Views)

Hero

Hi @MelanieScribbles

did you have any luck solving this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (3,450 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yup, placing them in a new save solved it. I quickly put the couple in my Gallery and placed them in a fresh save, and that solved it. Standard smile Really glad I didn't lose their skills, I maxed programming on one of them.

Message 5 of 5 (3,426 Views)