[PLEASE READ] Information/Questions about the bug forum

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Update the "top ten" bug reports please

[ Edited ]
Hero

@gooochyeee The compiled list gets updated irregularly, in slower times only about once a month. It's a lot of work and done by me as a service to you guys. It's nothing officail and it doesn't accelerate any processes just cause something is on that list. It's just meant as a method to find common threads faster.

I haven't updated the list since the bug didn't get fixed :P

Thank you for your patience.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 81 of 138 (2,250 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@crinrict Thank you for your response I am sorry if I came across as rude. Standard smile
Message 82 of 138 (2,211 Views)

Hero
@gooochyeee No worries.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 83 of 138 (2,184 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Choppy Graphics after Sims Take a Photo

Hero
@I_DERLanky_I Everyone should be able to edit posts. Did you click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the post you want to edit ? Edit should be there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 84 of 138 (2,017 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Yes, i can open the Edit Window but after a second it loads a fill form for the bug and if you do not fill this form the "send" button will not work. I was not sure to fill it because i am not the one who posted the bug i only wana help with the videos. But if it is ok, next time i fill the form and edit my post Standard smile
Message 85 of 138 (2,007 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@I_DERLanky_I Hm, you're still getting the form ? That has been fixed for me ages ago. It does pop-up briefly but then disappears.

What browser are you using ?

(going to move this discussion to the forum issues thread).

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 86 of 138 (1,991 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict I use Firefox 108.0.1 (64-Bit) with Windows 10.
Message 87 of 138 (1,976 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict I tested it with Microsoft Edge Browser, the same. The form comes after a second and stay there. And i can not choose any "Article" in the form so atm i can only do a new post.
Message 88 of 138 (1,966 Views)

Hero
@I_DERLanky_I Hm. I'll forward this. Maybe a CM can find out what's going on for you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 89 of 138 (1,953 Views)

Forum Feedback

[ Edited ]
Hero

Starting 2023, I'm doing a little overhaul of the compiled list.

The main change I'm doing is that bugs for the more general categories (like CAS, Build Mode, Tech issues, Needs, Aspirations, etc (basically everything in Posts 3-6) also appear in on the corresponding pack pages (except base game cause that would lead to posts that are too long).  So for example if there's an issue with a CAS Asset that came with Cottage Living, you'll find that bug on the Cottage Living page and on the page with CAS issues.

I do also want to go through the current categories and do some adjusting. I'm also thinking of allowing multiple categorizes per bug but I'm afraid that may lead to a big overhead and the list becoming even bigger than it already is. So still pondering that.

So, this is where you come in. I need your feedback:

• Do you think multiple categories per bug would be useful ? Would it allow you to find a bug faster ?
  • What categorizes are unexpected for you ? Which ones do you think would be better/more descriptive ?
  • Is there any other info that you like seeing added to the list ? (I do not have any information when something will be fixed or what priority certain bugs have, so I can't add that.
  • Is there anything else that you would think would be beneficial for the bug forum (from a purely user-standpoint) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 90 of 138 (1,883 Views)