[OPEN] Unsuccessful Grafting on Science Lab lot

by dolldrms1

Original Post

[OPEN] Unsuccessful Grafting on Science Lab lot

[ Edited ]
★ Pro
Issue

When used at the Science Lab the graft option on a plant is unsuccessful.

Steps you took for Issue to occur

Had scientist graft strawberry to snapdragon while at work in the Science Lab.  I actually got a notification that said something like discovered new plant.  The next day when he went to work I happened to notice that the grafting shoot from the strawberry plant was still in his inventory and since it had been the only one he had, it shouldn't have been.  When I checked the snapdragon plant it indicated snapdragon only.  I had him do it again.  He went through the animation, jumped back a little and no notifcation.  Sure enough, the strawberry splice piece was still in his inventory.

In case it is relevant, the cutting from the strawberry plant is from the plant that is also on the Science Lab lot, not from the wild, nor home lot.  I didn't have either of those plants on the home lot.

The next day I didn't follow him to work but before he left I had him plant a snapdragon.  When I followed him to work the following day I again tried to have him graft with no success.  When he returned home that night I had him graft that same splice piece onto the snapdragon planted on the home lot and it was successful.  That plant now shows snapdragon, strawberry and dragonfruit.

I think perhaps this is a bug, rather than a by design, because plants in the Science Lab can be evolved.  It is also possible to purchase and plant seeds.  I see no reason grafting would be disallowed.   

Picture

None taken.  I just noticed a lastException from last night that appears to deal with splicing.  I am attaching it.

Where does the bug occur ?

Have not yet tried starting a new game to see if it persists across saves.

Mods/CC

Vanilla Game

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs

All released to date

Occurring since

Unknown.  First attempt to graft at Science Lab.

Operating system

i4570 @ 3.2 GZh; Nvidia GTX650; Windows 10

Message 1 of 6 (691 Views)

Re: Unsuccessful Grafting on Science Lab lot

Hero

I take it it still work normally on your home lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (668 Views)

★ Pro

Yes, that is correct.  Grafting on the home lot seems to work fine.

Message 3 of 6 (661 Views)

Hero

Will try to duplicate or if anyone else can test this if they can verify that'd be great.

I've added it for now with [TO TEST] Tag.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (646 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Unsuccessful Grafting on Science Lab lot

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I checked this in my game (mods/CC deactivated) and I had the same issue. (The last exception is the same, indeed)

I didn't get the notification cause my sim already knew the recipe, but after performing the animation, the plant didn't change.

Message 5 of 6 (637 Views)

Hero

Thanks for testing Peke

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (630 Views)