[OPEN] Routing/Sit down issue on several interactions

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Routing/Sit down issue on several interactions

★ Guide

This is very annoying at the University. When they need to go to class, they prepare, go, come back with the notebook in their hand, sit, wake up and go to class. Of course, at the University getting too late to class will affect your grades and GPA.

Message 111 of 119 (1,330 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

It's so frustrating that somehow sitting down became the default start new routine action.

I had my Sims clean up all the books in the Magic Realm (a whole other issue but whatever) and with each book she grabbed it, awkwardly moved around the room and put it away. Before putting a new book away she would first sit down on the couch before getting up and grabbing the book.

I've seen the same thing with starting new conversations, switching actions etc.

Message 112 of 119 (1,273 Views)

★ Guide

Obsessive compulsive musical chairs has been an issue with this game as long as I can remember playing it. It gets really stupid at times, with people even swapping seats during conversations or tasks. It's especially annoying if they decide they want the seat they unnecessarily take to be near other sims so they walk halfway across a house or even upstairs to do this, only to recall what they were doing. >Frown

Message 113 of 119 (1,243 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Saihyou This isn't about musical chairs though. This is about your Sim going somewhere to sit down, then going back to the interaction you told them to do. bit unsure what you mean but musical chairs and this are separate issues.

The only active thread for musical chairs is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Musical-Chairs-while-eating-a-meal-at-home/td-p/9865876

There's also a thread for going to eat somewhere else than at dinner table but I'm not sure if you're report is about eating or something else: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Sims-stand-instead-of-eating-at-table-Patch-1-68-1... 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 114 of 119 (1,228 Views)

Re: Sims Sit Down to Eat Before Doing Queued Action

★★ Pro

Yesss this is horrible. My game has started doing this somewhat recently so maybe after pre Cottage living patch or something like that. Especially the case with an adult sim taking care of a toddler and having to go sit at the dining table with the toddler to be able to start activities with the toddler is So annoying.

Message 115 of 119 (1,200 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Phantomlover1717 https://twitter.com/SimMattically/status/1479530506261835777?s=20

Sims should not have to sit to start any interaction! It's so frustrating. This video really captures the main issue perfectly. It's fine if they sometimes do it to start an interaction but it seems as though it's 95% of the time.
Message 116 of 119 (1,073 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hello All,

We were able to reproduce the issue where sim sits before drinking water.

We were not able to reproduce the issue for the following scenarios:

1. Putting food away in the fridge
2. Playing instruments
3. Clean up drinks & dirty dishes
4. Changing music channel
5. Putting away books back to the bookshelf

Is this issue still occurring for the above scenarios (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 117 of 119 (6,824 Views)

Hero
This issue has gotten really bad in my game. Feels like they don't do no interaction without going to sit down somewhere first.

I believe this is the same issue just for infants: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sim-keeps-putting-infant-on-their-playmat-before-putting-them-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 118 of 119 (659 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have had issues with my sims sitting down between interactions. My Sim was supposed to be taking care of her toddler, with multiple actions queued up, and she would set the toddler down to sit on the couch and then pick them back up. Answer the door to let a guest in? Let's sit down first.

In this scenario, they were drawn to my three seat couch (not loveseat). Seems to happen when they are in the same room as the couch. 

Message 119 of 119 (380 Views)