by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] Interaction menu delay when clicking on sims

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Get together, City living, Cats and dogs, Seasons, Discover university, Highschool years, Spa day, Dine out, Parenthood, Dream home decorator, My wedding stories, Luxury party, Perfect patio, Cool Kitchen, Movie hangout, Romantic garden, Kids room, Backyard, Vintage glamour, Fitness, Tiny living, My first pet
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on any sim
What happens when the bug occurs? the interaction menu will take 7-8 seconds to appear
What do you expect to see? the interaction menu to appear instantly or afte 1-2 seconds
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've tried removing all my mods and uninstalling the game from steam and orign and then reinstalling it mod free but the issue still occurs its just 1-2 seconds shorter than with all my mods installed, i also tried repairing my game and updating all available drivers before lowering my in game settings but theres still a delay in the menu appearing

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 2 of 9 (2,301 Views)

Re: Interaction Menu delay

★★★★ Novice

Sorry but how do you create a bug report? and heres my dxdiag and config i've been going through my computer trying to update stuff so hopefully it made a diffence

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 1 of 9 (2,286 Views)

Re: Interaction Menu delay

Hero
@Ruth_Oik Thanks for the report.

I moved the post with your specs over from the other thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (2,271 Views)

Interaction Menu Delay when clicking on sims

★★★ Novice

Since the new pack with the horses, I have the problem that when I click on Sims, it takes about 3-5 seconds for the interaction menu to open.

I didn't have this problem before and have been playing for a very long time, even with mods and CC.

So far everything has always worked great. It's strange because it only happens when I click on other Sims or my played Sim. With objects it opens at the usual speed. Otherwise the game runs as smoothly as ever.

But the menu is super annoying and it's no longer fun to play. I've tried everything but it's still the same. I would be very happy if someone can help me and make my Sims playable again!

What I have tried so far :

Repair game,

Restart PC

cleared cache files

New driver update on PC

Lowered the graphics resolutions and set to laptop mode.

Completely uninstalled and rearranged mods

Audio effects set to zero.

I have attached my DX file, but I would find it very strange if it was suddenly due to my PC. I've had it for 3 years and never had any problems until now.

Message 4 of 9 (1,281 Views)

Re: Interaction Menu Delay when clicking on sims

Hero
@liisalie I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (1,240 Views)

The Sims 4: Delay when selecting Sims

★★★ Newbie

There is a noticeable delay when selecting Sims to perform interactions. Although I cannot pinpoint the exact length of this delay, it is long enough to cause inconvenience and interfere with gameplay.

Message 6 of 9 (285 Views)

Re: The Sims 4: Delay when selecting Sims

Hero
@celineaccountt Is this when you click on Sims or specific objects ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (260 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It only occurs when I click on Sims to choose some interaction (any Sim), while for objects, it seems normal.

Message 8 of 9 (236 Views)

Hero
@celineaccountt I've merged your post with the bug report for Sims then

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (219 Views)