[OPEN] Bills are wrong amount if playing another lot when they arrive

by epaor

Original Post

Enormous bills in mini-house

★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load a sim living on the tiny-hose lot
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim gets enormous bill
What do you expect to see? Regular bills
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I am not sure which patch has broken this in my game because I wasn't playing with that family for a while. Now (after several in-game minutes) my sim got a bill and it is huge! He has about 22000 and the bill is 48000! He lives in a tiny-house, thus his bills are around 200. The billing info says 48000 is for unpaid bills but this shouldn't even be possible as I haven't been playing with him for months!

Message 21 of 44 (509 Views)

Re: Enormous bills in mini-house

Hero
@rostsit did you travel to a community lot when the bills came in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 44 (496 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@crinrictYes, he got bills while on another lot, though it wasn't community lot but just other family lot.

Message 23 of 44 (488 Views)

Hero
@rostsit can you check if they go back to normal if you are on your home lot ? The issue with bills being off when you're not on your lot has a thread already. I merge if you can confirm that the bills are normal again on the next week

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 44 (472 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@rostsit Where is the lot? What lot and what town?
Message 25 of 44 (452 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@crinrictNot sure what do you mean. Of course I went back immediately and checked at the post box what bill I have to pay. The amount is the same. Do you want me to wait another in-game week for another bill? I can try it, but this means repo-man will come to take my stuff Standard smile

Can you just give me a link to that thread? I will read through it to make sure if this is the same issue.

@Psychotps Mt. Komorebi 

Message 26 of 44 (446 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@rostsit

Ah...

It's a known bug. Go to this bug report and click on "Me Too".

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-SE-Large-Bills-on-Mt-Komorobi-lots-due-to-high-power-usag...

If you're on PC, that thread also mentions a mod I made that will bypass the bug.

Message 27 of 44 (443 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@PsychotpsI agree the usage seems off (-326), but the payment (196) is nowhere near the amount to generate such a huge bill:

Untitled.jpg

Message 28 of 44 (433 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@rostsit I agree. Looks like you got hit by two bugs.

The power drain problem in my report is where the "-326" came from. But -326 shouldn't make it 47K.

Unless you have a modded CC item in the build that's configured wrong.
Message 29 of 44 (431 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@rostsit What I mean is the week after. Like you pay the enormous bills (cheat if necessary) and then make sure you're on your home lot the next time and check the bill amount.

With the bug, you pay for both lots and if you were on a rather expensive lot, it explains your issue.

There's one for another lot: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Bills-are-wrong-amount-if-playing-another-lot-when...

and this is for vacationing: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-OR-JA-Very-High-Household-Bills-While-On-Vacation/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 44 (399 Views)