[OPEN] Bills are wrong amount if playing another lot when they arrive

by epaor

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Bills are wrong amount if playing another lot when they arrive

★★ Pro

Oh this one, it happens Every time if you're not home, no exceptions. For me I usually get too small bills which is even more annoying than paying in excess because this game is too easy already and I don't want free simoleons!

Message 41 of 44 (348 Views)

Bills are too high when on vacation and on rental lots.

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? quite a few like Seasons, Dine Out etc.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to a vacation.
What happens when the bug occurs? Bill is so high if bill delivered on Monday in game.
What do you expect to see? Get this fixed or something.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

So for one week, my sims have been renting a lot of rental buildings before their wedding. For example, I rent a place for my sims' bachelorette party, then I rent a different place for my sim on their bridal shower, etc. And a different place for the wedding venue.

Then comes Monday after their wedding and the bills came during their honeymoon in Mt. Komorebi (I rented a place there), and it was 19k simoleons??? Why are they even paying bills on rental lots/buildings? Didn't they pay for the rent fee already? Now my sims can't buy their dream house, was planning them to. 

*My sims only have a medium sized house in Brindleton Bay, the bill there is usually 4k simoleons only. 

Message 42 of 44 (302 Views)

Re: Bills are too high when on vacation and on rental lots.

Champion

This has started happening in my game on Xbox Series S. I've converted the Narwhal Arms into a residential lot, a luxury 3 bath/2 bed bungalow. The bills are usually just under 9,000 simoleans. But my Sim travels a lot and has 2 stores, one of which has a beach house attached where she stays at the weekend. If she's at her beach house or on vacation, or camping somewhere her bills are 10k higher. I noticed first when she was away at Granite Falls. At first I thought was it because she'd bought retail lots, but then I noticed that when she was at home when the bills were delivered they were back to the regular amount.

She's wealthy so she can pay it but it still doesn't look like it should be happening.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 43 of 44 (191 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Bills are wrong amount if playing another lot when they arrive

★ Guide

I have this problem too. I don't use any mods/cc or cheats. When I'm on my home lot, I have so much water and power saved that I get money back bc I only have a toilet and a fabricator on my lot that use water/power and my house is on a tiny home and off-the-grind lot as it only has greenhouse downstairs and beds upstairs, as well as lots of windmills, solarpanels and watercatcher (don't remember what they are called). I'm playing rags to riches as a werewolf with aging off for played household.

But when I'm on a different lot and I get the bills, the power and water says 0 and I have to pay over 1000 in taxes. It's annoying when trying to do rags to riches, as well as the 1 million scenario.

Message 44 of 44 (127 Views)