by ineshi93

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Number of completes collections is wrong

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Español
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everyone except the last one, the first pet stuff or something like that.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The bug is on my collections
What happens when the bug occurs? It shows a wrong number
What do you expect to see? I hope I can fix it
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hey I just have a problem. When I go to my collection, it says I have only two collections completed when I have five completed. I know this is not a big issue but I just want to know if I can fix it someway.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8 (1,264 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Number of completes collections is wrong

Hero

Sounds like a hard to replicate  issue

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox, mediafire, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,240 Views)

EA Staff

Hi there @ineshi93

As Crin said, your save games could be very helpful for us. 

If you have any doubts on how to upload them, please check this guide:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Gracias! :D

and Happy Simming!

Message 3 of 8 (1,217 Views)

Hero
Tagging this as needs input for now to see if anyone else has this issue.

@ineshi93 for saves.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,138 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry to bump this thread but I have looked everywhere to see if anyone else had this issue because it's driving me nuts!  I have this same issue (no CC, no mods, no cheating) and worked very hard to get my sim up to level 10 gardening skill and then purchased who knows how many rare seed packets to complete the Magic Beans collection so that I could complete all of the collections and even though the collection is recognized as "complete" (the title bar for the collection is now gold in "Household Collections") my "Completed Collections" count is off by one.  Are there *any* workaround for this?  A cheat to mark the collection completed?  Or even a way to reset the collection to zero and start over so I can collect the Magic Beans again and (hopefully) have it count this time?  I've worked so hard to complete all of the collections in one household without cheating and I'm so so so bummed!

@SimGuruIcarus I'm having the same issue.  I've played this household for a very long time so I'm not sure when the issue came about but I have an Apple Time Machine so I'm to look back and try to find some old save files from before I completed the Magic Beans collection (the one that isn't counting) to see if it "counts" when I try to complete the collection again from scratch.  If you haven't received any save files on this yet please let me know and I'd be happy to provide them.

(Posts Merged by CM)

Message 5 of 8 (1,059 Views)

★★★★ Guide

No need to test it the collection thing will say its complete if the required number is reached but won't register on the collection number until the required missing on from the base game is collected.

A good example because I am not in game right now I will just make up the number of the collection the actual collection does exist but the number may be wrong I am going to use the examples of the Crystals. 

Say like your crystal collection says 0/24 needed to complete the collection.  So you need 24 crystals to complete the collection say like you have 24 crystals, because you found the crystals from the expansion packs GTW and Game pack JA, you have the total number to complete the collection, but you are missing one of the required base game crystals to complete the collection on the counter.

Message 6 of 8 (1,039 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Oh my gosh, thank you! This has been driving me nuts! I actually had all of the required base game items in this household which is why I assumed they would all count towards completion but I recently got Jungle Adventure and hadn't yet found the black beans - the lone missing item from the gardening collection! I used buy debug to confirm that once I had *all* of the available items - including items from all of my DLC - it counted. But I didn't save because I've worked so hard to get all of these collections without cheating I'm not about to start now!

Thanks again!
Message 7 of 8 (1,025 Views)

★★★★ Guide
The reason it completes before the number increases is because the number collection needs to complete the base game requirement is different than the number to complete the collection. If you can collect the extra ones from DLC it won't count the collection as complete until you get all the DLC addictions, but will notify you of collection complete when the base game part is complete, this is by design so people that don't have the packs can still complete the collections.
Message 8 of 8 (1,016 Views)