social event parties broken

by CLMerz1948

Original Post

Re: mixologists wont come to my lot

Hero

Hi @tigeress24689

merged your post with existing bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 71 (9,707 Views)

Mixologist doesnt turn up

★★★ Newbie

Hi there, unsure if i'am posting this in the right place. However i have had the sims 4 since september and have had no luck in successfully being able to hire a mixologist. I phone up and the notification says that they are on their way but no one ever turns up. I always look about to make sure they haven't been distracted. Then when i try to order a new one it says that there is already one on the lot. Ive tried phoning before parties, selected one on the plan a social event and by clicking on the bar itself but no one ever comes. please help me Frown

Message 22 of 71 (9,680 Views)

Re: Mixologist doesnt turn up

Hero

Hi @Jodzzt

merged your post with existing bug report.

Seems widespread and no solutions at this point

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 71 (9,677 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Hired sims don't appear at parties

★★★ Novice

I've got the same problem.   I used the "event planner" and there were no Sims under all three options (Caterer, Entertainer, Bartender.    I used the up arrow to hire one of each (guessing a random Sim would show up).    Nothing.    I had to end my party.    It was awful.   So I tried again to get the couple married (they live in an apartment), same thing happened.   So I made sure I clicked on the stove, the piano, and the bar and hired them.   They finally showed up very late.      I at least got a silver award, but with no wedding cake, I could not complete the tasks.      Bummer.    

Message 24 of 71 (9,621 Views)

sims4 wont hire a pianist

★ Novice

I've updated the game and fixed the game through origin still no help. I can hire and pay money for the option hire a pianist but no one shows up and when I try to click again it says there is a entertainer already on the lot. special events I hire caterer no one nothing no bartender no pianist/violinist. please help

Message 25 of 71 (9,571 Views)

Re: sims4 wont hire a pianist

@satasha1187 merged with a post already existing about this bug.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 26 of 71 (9,557 Views)

social event parties broken

★★★★★ Apprentice

Having the same problem with the social event parties. The only time I have anyone show up is for a dinner party and then it's just the caterer. The rest of the social events don't even show up the caterer. I don't have any mixologist  or entertainer at all. Have taken all the mods out, repaired the game, tried playing without any mods after the repair, still the same. I have over 30 families that have the skills. Didn't have any problem until the last patch. Not much fun to plan any parties when you get level one cooks and entertainers showing up. I do hope you get this problem solved.

Message 27 of 71 (9,523 Views)

Trouble with caterers

★★★ Newbie
I have just tried to throw a birthday party to age up one of my sims, however in order to do this you need a birthday cake which no one in my household can make yet. I hired a caterer and a entertainer and they just didn't show up! The mixologist showed up, but they were the ones I required the least as I can pay people to do that. 😭
Message 28 of 71 (9,369 Views)

Re: Trouble with caterers

Hero

Hi @JasmineAnne95

merged your post with existing thread

Any Sim can make a birthday cake. Have them make any cake and add candles to that

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 71 (9,358 Views)

Re: Trouble with caterers

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Also the same issue. New game, no mods, fresh install (due to new computer), so very "clean" test case. I have two parts. First I see no townies in the lists, though the one household member that has cooking & mixology (both maxed) does show, but *only* as a mixologist. So that is odd.I started the game with the vanilla stock townies.

If I tick the up arrow for all three party hires, only the mixologist will show every time. It does not matter if the event is at the house or a venue. This can be a hired townie that I do not know, they'll show and tend bar fine. But I have never in the history of this save (third generation, dozens of parties as one had that aspiration) ever seen a hired caterer or entertainer appear or had one show in the list to hire, even when I know some.

Added Info:

I cleared my cache's and started a new game. Still no mods, etc. This new game did have all three hires show up for parties in venues outside the residence. I don't know about inside the residence as I didn't try (small apartment, no bar, instruments anyway). Very oddly intermittent.

Message 30 of 71 (9,337 Views)