[ARCHIVED] Hired sims don't appear

by NimrevD

Original Post

Re: Cater

★★★ Newbie
no mods. this happens everywhere you can hire caters at. i cant event hire one by clicking on fridge like I use to. this all started after dec 1 patch
Message 11 of 71 (18,086 Views)

Re: Hired sims don't appear at parties

★★★ Novice

Same here. Recently had a wedding.. hired  all necessary staff and no one showed up except guests. Then I rehired  a musician and it said he was on the lot but I couldn't find him at all and he definitely didn't do what he supposed to do..

Message 12 of 71 (18,066 Views)

Re: Hired sims don't appear at parties

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Have begun to notice this with the December patch, sometimes the NPC will come incredibly late, and even then is still subject to the other issue of not doing what is required. If the NPC doesn't arrive late, then they won't appear for the duration of the social event.

(See: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Several-Issues-with-Caterer/m-p/3446153#M13 )

Edit: Only seems to occur with 'hired' NPCs. Known NPCs arrive, along with their buggy autonomy and desire to cover my house up to the roof in unprepared meals. Large smile

Message 13 of 71 (18,051 Views)

Re: No Caterers or Entertainers Show Up When Hired

★ Novice

I have the same problem! I'm in my 4th generation of sims. So the original caterers, musicians are long gone. I can't hire new caterer, mixologist and musician for my party. I don't have any mods or anything. I even tried creating new sims to possibly fill the role, max them out on the needed skill and befriend one of my main sim. Still nada. She would only hire her husband as caterer and I don't even know how that happened because she was the only one who could hire him. (He's not a caterer btw, he has another job) If you find any solution to the problem, let me know!!

Message 14 of 71 (18,058 Views)

Hero

@tea1121 Yours sounds like this issue: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Can-t-hire-existing-NPCs-as-Entertainer-Mixolog...

I think @HorrorChix has them not showing up when hired. Am I correct ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 71 (18,041 Views)

★★★ Novice
My issue is that I click the "up arrow" to hire a random NPC for a job and no one shows up once the party starts.
Message 16 of 71 (18,032 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@crinrict Yeah actually I have both problems. I've never had sims and townies show up on my list (except for that one time). And when I click the arrow button up to hire someone nobody shows up.

*edit* So I tried a new game to see maybe it would work again. Still nothing on my list and when I tried just hiring a random one, a caterer did show up but no entertainer or mixologist. Even tried just changing the bar but still nada.

Message 17 of 71 (18,023 Views)

Hero

@HorrorChix

Merged the thread with bug report

@tea1121 Feel free to click me too on the other thread as well

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 71 (18,001 Views)

Re: Cater

★★★ Newbie

I wonder if we will just have to wait until the next game update for it to be fixed. I am having the same issue, makes it impossible to get a gold birthdays or weddings, which is a total bummer. Hope that someone can figure out how to solve this issue soon. 

Message 19 of 71 (17,892 Views)

mixologists wont come to my lot

★★★ Novice

This has been an ongoing problem for a few weeks. I will either order a mixologist for my house just because or i will have a party and have one but the mixologist wont come. so im wasting my simolions for nothing. And i keep refreshing my game and thats not working either.

Message 20 of 71 (17,873 Views)