by MedlockMeow

Original Post

Houses levels uncontrollably changing / jumping up storeys

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.95.207.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base game
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In build mode, trying to build a house or decorate, furnish etc. and the controls are continuously going up a storey / floor. The game is unusable, even when I select to come back down to the floor I need it's continuosly just going up levels to the roof.
What happens when the bug occurs? Constant jumping of floors, as though someone else is selecting constantly to change floors. Can hear a constant clicking sound (the sound which is made when you select something) I've even tried removing my mouse incase that was causing the issue but it is not. The clicking noise can be heard during the blue screen loading into the game too
What do you expect to see? No randomised moving unless I select to go up or down a floor.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The recent update was installed last night and now this is happening

Message 1 of 3 (572 Views)

Re: Houses levels uncontrollably changing / jumping up storeys

★★★ Newbie

Multiple restarts and "repair" has been tried Frown 

Message 2 of 3 (535 Views)

Re: Houses levels uncontrollably changing / jumping up storeys

Hero
@MedlockMeow Have you tried a clean boot ? Could be a background program interfering.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

If it works in that mode, then it's a background program interfering and you will need to find out which one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (521 Views)