Re: Fire Department Never Shows up after being called from Cell Phone

by crinrict

Original Post

Fire Department Never Shows up after being called from Cell Phone

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.74.59.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All Except Cats and Dogs/Snowy Escape. Game Packs: All Except Strangerville and Spa Day, Stuff Packs: Only Nifty Knitting, Paranormal, Toddler Stuff, Kids Room, and Romantic Garden
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unknown
What happens when the bug occurs? You can call the fire department, and they said they'd send someone, but they never arrive.
What do you expect to see? After calling the fire department the firemen show up and extinguish the blaze, similar to if a smoke alarm went off, when calling from a cell phone.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I do not know the exact cause, however I can give you the conditions in which it occured: I had just created a new household in my existing save (rotational play), and my Sim was coming home from painting a mural at the Art Center, that one went into the rabbit hole for her career so I switched to her sister (also a young adult), which I used to finish grilling some "Grilled Fruit" that she had started on her own after sending her on a workout for her Team Mascot Condition. Seconds before she was supposed to goto work, her grill caught fire, and she went off into the rabbit hole. I called my first sim home from work early and had her call the fire department, it said they'd send someone so I waited, they never showed up, so with the fire now raging, I decided to call a second time again it said they'd send someone but never showed up. Eventually I had to put my own sim in harms way to manually extinguish the fire with a extinguisher(which was not ideal because it had a lot more damage than it would have had I not waited for the fire department to show)

I'm putting the Ratio of occurrence at "Occasionally" because I only was able to encounter it once and have not managed to reproduce the conditions under which it occurred (Fires are somewhat hard to generate naturally).

Message 1 of 2 (351 Views)

Re: Fire Department Never Shows up after being called from Cell Phone

Hero
@LeissaMyst You can cause fire by lighting fireworks indoors. Works pretty well.

I'm guessing the Sim going to work at that exact moment could be the trigger.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (318 Views)