Re: [NEEDS INPUT/GAME CORRUPTION] [S] Holiday box not appearing

by Evie0602

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Trykmi: So THAT'S what the cause is?!

I don't have Seasons yet, but this issue was a great concern for me. Thanks for the info!

UPDATE: I just alerted Deaderpool on the MCCC Discord.

UPDATE #2: According to Deaderpool, it's caused by the "Silence Phone Messages" setting:

"That's not a save corruption or anything else. People have mentioned it and I've told them it's because they have their text messages set to ignore all when their phone is silenced. It's the way the setting works. It turns off all notifications for festivals, and it also turns off notifications for holidays. They still happen, you just don't get notifications about them. It's people not understanding how their settings are working within their game, really."

"Yeah. When people reset their settings, which resets that to default, they get the notifications fine."

To anyone with MCCC and Seasons, try that advice and see if that fixes it. Standard smile

Message 61 of 68 (1,863 Views)

Hero

Hi @StarryMight

thanks for all the information.

Still confused why removing the mod didn't solve the issue for some people in this thread though.

Maybe there's multiple issues here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 62 of 68 (1,832 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@crinrict: You're welcome! Large smile

At least we figured out at least one of the causes (I went ahead and set my Notification settings in MCCC to "0" or "false", going by @Trykmi's settings to be safer for the future, also).

I wonder if other mods exist that modify notifications/text messages (that may be the next step here). Thinking

Message 63 of 68 (1,826 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@StarryMight 

Thank you so much for posting that! I went back to my save that I thought was corrupted, and I unsilenced her phone and now the holiday box appears again! I wish there was a way to stop all the texts without breaking holidays though. 

Message 64 of 68 (1,812 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Evie0602: You're welcome! Large smile I'm very happy to hear that. :eahigh_file:

Message 65 of 68 (1,807 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

That's strange since my phone was not silenced, the mccc log showed something about the relationship change when the LE appeared but I don't know if that was related or if it was the phone notification setting. I'm testing the new patreon version with my old settings right now, and so far I had no problems.. what's for sure is that's not an EA issue.

@StarryMightyou could use scumbumbo Unlisted Phone Numbers, sims will not bother you unless you give them your number.

Message 66 of 68 (1,774 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Trykmi: Thanks for the info. Should I pass that on to the MCCC Discord?

Also, I've actually hear of that mod you mentioned. Personally, though, I'd like one that makes it so Sims don't call sleeping Sims to ask them to do stuff with them in the middle of the night (LOL). Large smile

Message 67 of 68 (1,750 Views)

Hero
Marking this as fixed. If anyone still has issues on a vanilla game, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 68 of 68 (12,907 Views)