Re: [OPEN] Random Sims as Father Winter

by SimGuruNick

Original Post

★★ Guide

This bug is still present. Any updates? The fix someone posted only works once. You have to do this fix every winter if you want Clement Frost to be Father winter. 

Message 31 of 46 (3,182 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

This was supposed to be fixed in the recent patch that just came out. Maybe it was only fixed on new save games created after the patch? Are you playing an older save? Either way, could you share your save with me? Thanks so much! 

EDIT (Crin): Link on how to fix your legacy saves: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Random-Sims-as-Father-Winter/m-p/7995455#M96077

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 32 of 46 (11,399 Views)

★ Guide

There is a different Father Winter in each area in my game.. It is still Clemens Frost in Willow Creek but San Myshuno and Stranger Ville have their own Father Winter.

Message 33 of 46 (3,155 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

What do people even mean with an "old save"? Cause I frequently make new saves. Or do you mean I have to start from the begining? :<  (Don't wanna share my saves, sorry)

Message 34 of 46 (3,146 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@SisterGloomy I think it's referring to loading any save you made prior to adding the update and continuing to play it. AKA one clicks the 'load game' icon versus clicking the "new game" button after applying the update. Hope that helps - happy simming Standard smile
Message 35 of 46 (3,134 Views)

Hero

As @bookmaster325  stated

An old (or legacy) save is a save game you have played before a certain page. Creating a copy of your save and playing from there is not a new save. it's still an old save but a copy of it.

There are many bugs that can't be fixed on a save that already has an issue or need a separate fix. 

As in the case of father winter: If you already have a Father Winter that's not Clemens Frost, you potentially will still have him even if the bug is patched. Maybe you can try deleting him and see what the game then creates.

So the question is, if you start a completely new save (clicking on New on the man menu and starting over from scratch), does the game still produce non-frost Father Winters ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 46 (3,107 Views)

★★ Guide

1. Load up any sim and pause the game

2. Open the cheat console with shift+control+c

3. Type testingcheats on

4. Type sims.get_sim_id_by_name Clement Frost

This should display an ID number for Clement Frost

5. Type sims.summon_sim_to_zone [Clement Frost's ID number]

Don't use the brackets - it should look like: sims.summon_sim_to_zone 123456789. If you did it correct, Clement Frost should appear on the lot.

6. Type traits.equip_trait trait_HolidayTradition_FatherWinter [Clement Frost's ID number]

7. Type careers.add_career career_adult_NPC_FatherWinter [Clement Frost's ID number]

This should assign the job of Father Winter to Clement Frost.

8. Type testingcheats off

9. Save the game and exit back to Manage Worlds, then delete any other Father Winters the game made from the world if you only want Clement Frost to be the only Father Winter.

This works if you're like me and play on an old save where father winter is a random person. I have fixed this permanently with this fix now. I first deleted the random father winter and then did this fix.

I think this whole thread can be marked as fixed now. Standard smile
Message 37 of 46 (3,093 Views)

★ Guide

@SimGuruNick  It's definitely not fixed =( 

I'm in a fresh save with no mods or cc in game, & their very first Winterfest has the wrong sim as Father Winter. (Save began in Spring, standard length seasons & aging.)

Looking in Manage Worlds, Clement Frost is listed as Father Winter.... & the guy who rocked up instead of him is not even listed, which makes it even stranger. 

Message 38 of 46 (3,042 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@dragancaor Would you be willing to share your save as asked above ?

It does sound a bit different from the original issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 39 of 46 (3,025 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Random Sims as Father Winter

★★ Guide

Yeah this is still a present bug.. Or has it actually been fixed on new saves?

Message 40 of 46 (2,841 Views)