★★★★ Guide

well there suppose to break some things just not constantly

Message 11 of 19 (1,531 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Ghosts Breaking Things Constantly

★★★★ Expert
@SisterGloomy

To disable it in MCCC, just edit the file "mc_tuner.cfg" and add this line:

102774,Ghost_Possess_Break_Plumbing

Describing how to do it through the menus is a much longer process.
Message 12 of 19 (1,512 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Ghosts Breaking Things Constantly

★★★ Newbie
@comicsforever I’ve been having this issue too but I might have just figured it out! Try removing the NAP “fun loving community” it encourages mischief and that might be what’s causing them to do that. Hope this works!
Message 13 of 19 (1,420 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@comicsforever I had a call asking if I was Vinnie. Said yes and was given money. Then an angry ghost showed up and broke my unbreakable PC. At handiness 7, my Sim has been unable to repair it. A random neighbor stopped by because he heard the crackling from my basement to fix it. Still no luck. Annoying because it's got upgrades and I'll need a new PC and upgrades again. Hmm, or I can pull in apart for new parts. Too bad I can build a new one.
Message 14 of 19 (1,270 Views)

Possessing to break

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Version 8.03
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Outdoor Retreat Discover University Cats & Dogs Bowling Night
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have playable ghosts in the house
What happens when the bug occurs? The ghosts possess to break utilities
What do you expect to see? Not possessing to break so much
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This may be a bug and it may not be. I currently have playable ghosts in the house because I want to fulfill an achievement (8 playable ghosts).

Very frequently the ghosts love to “possess to break” the sink. I understand ghosts wanting to possess random things but they do it very frequently and it’s getting a little annoying 

(the picture is a little hard to see but it shows that the ghost broke the sink and water is spewing from the top of it causing a puddle on the floor)

Message 15 of 19 (1,163 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Okay, so is the giving of house keys to ghosts supposed to prevent them from breaking the plumbing multiple times in one night? Because... if so? That's broken.

Message 16 of 19 (1,123 Views)

Possession Proof Upgrade.

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It may have been made this way purposely so I wouldn't say its a bug I guess. Just kind of a major issue in my opinion.
What happens when the bug occurs? Ghosts are CONSTANTLY breaking my things. Like up to 3 time a day. It makes it almost impossible to play without cheats which I like to do from time to time. I have played The Sims since day one (March 2000 got it for my 10th bday) and I have loved it ever since. Thru the changes I have never had any complaints I cant handle all the bashing The Sims Team gets, it drives me insane. This is the only thing in my game that has ever just annoyed me to no end. The only things I have seen that could possibly help is giving the ghosts keys or using the gnome trait on the lot and neither work for me.
What do you expect to see? I would like for there to be an upgrade option on all electronics and appliances that make them "Possession Proof"..
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I know you guys are super busy with new packs and updates and things all the time. I would reeeaalllyyy appreciate it if this "fix" was taken into consideration.

-Ya #1 Fan since March 2000 <3

Message 17 of 19 (1,073 Views)

Re: Possession Proof Upgrade.

★★★★★ Guide

The most stupid of this is that they are breaking things event IN THEIR OWN HOUSE (being part of a family or solo owner) when visiting them.

Message 18 of 19 (1,011 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [FIXED] Ghosts Breaking Things Constantly

Hero

Sometimes Ghosts can be part of our Households, if we choose to, however it is really
hard to live with Ghosts that constantly break things, it makes it a bit… unlivable. So our
expert team of Simghostologists have communicated with these Ghosts in the non
physical realm and they have agreed to not break everything all the time.

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 19 (4,954 Views)