[FIXED] [GTW] Pictures black/replaced after uploading to gallery

by catloverplayer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] Pictures black/replaced after uploading to gallery

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I've found a possible bug in my game with pictures becoming black and being replaced by my own.

I downloaded the point and shoot photography shop from Maxis and the pics that were uploaded with it are disappearing and becoming black and some of them are being replaced with my own pictures even in various saves. When I start a new game I"ll see pics of my sims I took from other saves even though I didn't hang them on the wall.

Bulldozing doesn't help. When I place it from my library the same issue is already there. I've tried deleting from my library and redownloading and that works for a while but the same thing happens again. Also when the pic goes black it's useless and I don't think it's my graphics card either.

See link for pictures that are replacing maxis ones and others going black

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/828297/pics-uploaded-in-photography-shops-are-going-black...

Message 1 of 14 (1,486 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Camera pictures turn black

It seems fixed, moved house with it in the inventory of my Sim, and back with it in the house inventory, both times restarted the game, seems to work... 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

View in thread

Message 14 of 14 (1,361 Views)

All Replies

Re: [GTW] Possible serious bug with pics that are uploaded in retail shops

Hero

Need to try this but added for now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (1,453 Views)

Camera pictures turn black

[ Edited ]

My Sims moved house and I made sure the picture they took, with a camera, would come with them.
I put them up when I was building the house, saved the game and came back to find black pictures.
When I put them in inventory it shows the picture, but when I hang them they turn black again.

Picture:
http://i.imgur.com/KBJENa1.jpg

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 3 of 14 (1,487 Views)

Hero

Could this be the same: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/GTW-Photographs-are-black/m-p/4487804/ ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (1,478 Views)

[ Edited ]

A little bit different, these photos were taken with the digital camera's for at home I guess. My Sims went out to take some shots from the trees and the river. 
And also a lot of family and friend photo's, wedding photo's, pregnancy photo's, photo's of the children being still little.
They were perfect in the old house, but once they moved house they all, every single one, filter or no filter turned black. I put them up from the family inventory and they all looked fine, until I saved and closed the game and started it again. 
When I put them in a Sim inventory it shows the picture, but when I hang it, it's black. 

This is an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M graphic card on a Windows 7. No CC, no Mods. Settings on the highest they can be. 

Edit: started the game again, and now the pictures won't show up in inventory as well :womansad:
Edit 2: when my male Sims took a photo and I put it on the wall, it was the photo. Took a black photo of the wall, and put that back on the wall, it turned in to the photo he last took (not the photo that was on there), then back to black. 

Here you see me playing with the photo's:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qg5Z4YrdVM 
The last one in the row is from before the move, it turns in to a photo that he took after the move. And at the end I put up the photo from after the move, that stays the way it should be. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 5 of 14 (1,475 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

It does sound very familiar. I think someone else reported that before. Can't find the thread.

Did you try deleting your cache files and repairing the game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (1,456 Views)

[ Edited ]

Going to try that.
I just went to play, and I wanted to hang some new photo's and I saw the little photo in the inventory, was the photo I took in the previous time I started the game. And I did not save it then.... Must be the cache... 

Edit: Ok, that's not normal, now some photo's changed in to the photo's that I took before I deleted the cache files, not the photo's that they should be still.... Repairing the game didn't do anything. The photo's in the inventory are normal again, not the photo of the unsaved game anymore...

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 7 of 14 (1,452 Views)

Hero

Does this sound similar to yours: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/GTW-Possible-serious-bug-with-pics-that-are-uploaded... ?

I know it's a bit different since catlovers is pretty specific but it could be the same.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (1,438 Views)

Yes, that sounds like it. Only mine aren't of other saves.
Mine is one family with all the same pictures, and the trouble started when moving. Before the pictures stayed the same. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 9 of 14 (1,433 Views)

Hero

@Phantomlover1717 I merged for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 14 (1,421 Views)