Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Paying bills in dorms

by TheSimsTasticDuo

Original Post

Re: Power turned off at dorm

★ Guide
@crinrict Wondering if bills are due to live placing a BBQ at some point but due to live dragging it back into Sims personal inventory soon after cooking the dorm was only 'broken' for a short time hence bills arrive shortly after? Don't have time to test this tonight but thought it was worth mentioning. I did live drag a BBQ and cook one meal on it but can't remember when exactly in terms of how soon after the bills arrived.
Message 31 of 80 (1,461 Views)

Re: Power turned off at dorm

Hero
@NZsimm3r That sounds plausible.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 80 (1,459 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Paying bills in dorms

★★★★ Expert

Does anyone have MCCC installed with Auto bill-pay? This is causing a problem with the dorms and Deaderpool knows about the bug. He recommends turning off auto bill-pay until he fixes it in an update.

Problem is, EA handles the bills weirdly. Your sim actually gets mailed the bills, but then they are removed from the mailbox so you don't have to pay them. The auto bill pay feature of MCCC doesn't account for that and just pays them from your account before the game can remove them.

Just turn off auto bill pay in MCCC and it'll work fine.

Message 33 of 80 (1,442 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I haven’t got MCCC installed 

Message 34 of 80 (1,423 Views)

Hero
@Tles30 Did you temp add a bbq through the inventory to the dorm ? Or anything else ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 80 (1,417 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@crinrict No nothing added at all 

Message 36 of 80 (1,407 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I received the notice to pay bills after I used the free build cheat to move things around in my dorm room... don't know if it's connected. Also, when I went to pay the bills, I received the Get Mail, yet not Pay Bills. There was an envelope in my inventory labeled "Bills". I tried to pay them; however, have not been able to.

Message 37 of 80 (1,350 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I added a BBQ to the UBrite Commons and received a notification for bills @ my sims's dorm that next Monday...
Message 38 of 80 (1,340 Views)

★★★ Guide

Before I moved any students to Drake Hall, I added two art easels, a chess table, a mirror, a dartboard and changed the desktop computer in the study room for a better one. I've made no build/buy changes since moving my student in, other than placing the items he bought at the kiosk. But he still got a $3,500 bill at the usual Monday bill time.

Message 39 of 80 (1,278 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Paying bills in dorms

★★ Novice

This happened on Dorm lot, first term. This is my second sim that has went to university the first pair of sims (Sisters) did not get charged for weekly bills but the next sim I sent did. I can understand if it was off-campus housing but not in the dorms. 

Message 40 of 80 (1,254 Views)