Re: [OPEN] [DHD] [CL] Can't enter penthouse lots for gigs

by crinrict

Original Post

Community Manager

Hey @borin777 when posting on the English AHQ boards please ensure that all posts are in English.

You can find the Portuguese boards here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Answer-HQ-Portugues/ct-p/Answer-HQ-Portuguese

Darko

Darko.png
Message 61 of 65 (972 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the same problem with the penthouse lot in the fashion district. There was no way of getting into the lot even if I did teleport my sim to the balcony, the owners of the lot were still inside and I couldn't interact with them. I couldn't get pass the balcony door either because it wasn't the "front door" of the lot. Penthouse lots don't have front doors visible from outside. HOWEVER, when I traveled my sim to the very same lot not during a gig, there was an option to "be buzzed in" when I clicked the ground level door. After getting buzzed in I could easily travel inside the penthouse, and there are options to "go upstairs" when the door below is clicked and "go downstairs" when the elevator upstairs is clicked. Clearly EA didn't incorporate this feature into the decorator career, and it's a bug. I doubt that they will fix it in the near future :/

Message 62 of 65 (853 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Did anyone find a fix for this? I'm having the same issue where I can't enter 1 Torendi Tower Penthouse for the gig

Message 63 of 65 (738 Views)

★ Novice

I sort of found a work around for this bug. I zoomed inside the building and found a point where the furniture was still visible and teleported my sim inside. Then I was able to locate the client and basically lure them to an area where I could see inside and interact with them. After sending the client away I was able to edit the lot in build mode, but the lot never became visible like when you are invited inside. I had to do the same method of camera manipulation to complete the reveal event. The gig ended up successful, but this has got to be better!

Message 64 of 65 (715 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Being an Interior Decorator can be tough, it's made even more difficult if you can’t get in. Sims picking up a gig at a penthouse will now be able to knock on the door and get in to work their style magic.

Fixed in Patch 1.95.207/1.69

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 65 of 65 (2,153 Views)