Original Post

Re: Dog will not go potty unless directed

Hero

On the bed

Ask to lie down or something.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 35 (1,206 Views)

★★ Guide

@crinrict wrote:

On the bed

Ask to lie down or something.

No such option appeared on the bed. Only the usual Sim options: Claim, nap, sleep.

Message 12 of 35 (1,202 Views)

Hero

Oh sorry. On the pet bed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 35 (1,199 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@crinrict wrote:

Oh sorry. On the pet bed.

Ah OK that makes more sense, sorry; this dog has never slept in the bed I bought her, opting for the couch instead, so I forgot she even had one. But my Sim just asked her to lie down in her own bed (the large pet bed called "embiggened sleeping station" I think), and she did so and went to sleep.

Message 14 of 35 (1,194 Views)

Hero

OK. Thanks for testing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 35 (1,181 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [CD] (Smart) Dog will not go potty unless directed

★★★★★ Apprentice

I had the same issue.  My dogs were both more than two weeks old, both with the Smart trait, and I would take them out all the time to pee but they wouldn't learn to do it on their own.  I used the cas.fulleditmode cheat to replace the Smart trait on both dogs.  Within Ask to go potty... three times, I got the message "...has learned to Pee Outside."  Looks like a trait bug to me.

Message 16 of 35 (1,169 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have 2 dogs made in CAS and placed in an existing household. They both have the traits of smart, loyal, and hunter. I have been playing for at least 3 sim weeks,probably longer, and neither will go potty on their own regularly. I did see one of them go on his own once but never again. Neither will eat out of the bowls (both automatic and regular bowl) with out being called to eat. 

They will however lay on a pet be when told and have learned a number of tricks. They both were neutered and had the preventative exam and shot at the vet in the new pet's world. 

I do not have any third party cc. I did clear my caches and repaired the game. I still have the problem. 

Message 17 of 35 (1,167 Views)

Hero

Did you ever get a message they learned ?

Does anyone here also have issues with them doing stuff they learned not to do ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 35 (1,165 Views)

★★ Novice
My smart dog knows all the tricks but just won’t potty by herself. She plays in puddles and lays down in the pet bed and does all her tricks. I’ve never gotten a message saying she was potty trained. And it’s been more then 5 times.
Message 19 of 35 (1,163 Views)

Hero

@Sims4Life32

what traits does your dog have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 35 (1,155 Views)